• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Indoor Vinyl Wall Mural Pricing?

jmmccann

I've been contracted to cut and install a large vinyl mural for a home decor piece. The graphic will be pretty intense to weed and is 14 feet high by about 9 feet wide. i have no idea what to charge or how to price this out as all my work up to now has been much smaller. Does anyone have a formula set up for this? How nitpicky should i be about pricing? i know I have to include premask, weed time, installation and vinyl costs, but I have no idea how to go about this. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeff.

MikePro

contracted without a bid? will they allow you to simply bill time & materials, or suddenly need a price now that you've started the work?

jmmccann

contracted without a bid? will they allow you to simply bill time & materials, or suddenly need a price now that you've started the work?

Sorry, Poor choice of words, he contacted me to do the job. So I have to come up with the price.

Jeff.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is any of this going to be digitally printed ??

Contracted or do you mean they asked you how much to do this would cost ?? Otherwise, you could tell him $75,000 and he'll just say...... Okay ?? :cool1:

jmmccann

Thanks J Hill. That's what I was looking for. Bly, I'm already priced slightly below my local competition so I'm good there. :)

now I just have to figure out how to install the bloody thing. It's 14 feet tall on a 20 foot wall/stairway.

Jillbeans

Materials x3 as a baseline price and you better pray that you don't peel off their paint with the transfer tape.
You'll probably need a Gorilla ladder for the stairs, so if you don't have one I'd add in the cost of that as well.
Love....Jill

(material x2) + (est. hours x shop rate)

J Hill is right on point. Figuring out what your shop rate needs to be to cover overhead and other expenses is the hardest part. Once you figure that out you just have to figure your materials x2 as was already said, then figure out how many hours it will take to set up any art, cut, weed, tape, and apply it. Figure in the cost of equipment, headaches, etc. and then total it all up. If I can't price something right "out of the book" that's how I do it and you'll be surprised how consistently you can manage to price things against your competitors, even with jobs upwards of tens of thousands of dollars.