Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large lit sign

Discussion in 'Electric Signs & Channel Letters' started by Gman75, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Gman75

Gman75 Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Canada
    I have a customer who wants a 22'x8' sign lit
    up. He's asking for a box style. Any suggestions??

Tags:
  2. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    first check code restrictions, if any... is it a pylon sign? is it going on an*
    existing pole? *it is a large sign, there is more to it than, any suggestions.
    need more info.

3. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Delta, Ohio
    With a sign that l would not use lexan faces. I would recommend Panagraphics flex faces. I would also recommend the cabinet be at least 30" deep to allow a man door for interior access for repairs.

As was previously asked will this be a new install or replacement? If replacement you will need to make sure the existing pole is sufficient to support a sign that large.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  4. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Any suggestions???? Really?

My first thought was to suggest you call a "sign" company.

To put this into perspective for you....what if someone posted a thread, such as this.
    I have a customer who wants a "knock Your Socks Off" logo.......any suggestions?

How would you begin to answer that question?

EDIT:
    What you need to do is....
    1) give more details of this job. (most important, is this a SF or DF?.... and how it will be mounted....pole, wall, how high)
    2) Tell us your initial thoughts of how you plan to proceed. We can then tell you if those plans will work or not....followed by some good advice.

If indeed you don't have a clue how to begin this job, then don't.
    This isn't like wrapping a car. If you screw it up, you don't get to peel it off and re-print.
    There is no "Natural Progression" from print/wrap sign shop, to Fabrication/Electrical/Installation sign shop (at least not without more work & training than you can receive on a sign forum). That being said...... some shops do "Do It All", but just because you are a "sign shop" doesn't mean you should or could.