• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large lit sign

Gman75

I have a customer who wants a 22'x8' sign lit
up. He's asking for a box style. Any suggestions??

petrosgraphics

first check code restrictions, if any... is it a pylon sign? is it going on an*
existing pole? *it is a large sign, there is more to it than, any suggestions.
need more info.

Doc Savage

With a sign that l would not use lexan faces. I would recommend Panagraphics flex faces. I would also recommend the cabinet be at least 30" deep to allow a man door for interior access for repairs.

As was previously asked will this be a new install or replacement? If replacement you will need to make sure the existing pole is sufficient to support a sign that large.

Last edited:

skyhigh

Any suggestions???? Really?

My first thought was to suggest you call a "sign" company.

To put this into perspective for you....what if someone posted a thread, such as this.
I have a customer who wants a "knock Your Socks Off" logo.......any suggestions?

How would you begin to answer that question?

EDIT:
What you need to do is....
1) give more details of this job. (most important, is this a SF or DF?.... and how it will be mounted....pole, wall, how high)
2) Tell us your initial thoughts of how you plan to proceed. We can then tell you if those plans will work or not....followed by some good advice.

If indeed you don't have a clue how to begin this job, then don't.
This isn't like wrapping a car. If you screw it up, you don't get to peel it off and re-print.
There is no "Natural Progression" from print/wrap sign shop, to Fabrication/Electrical/Installation sign shop (at least not without more work & training than you can receive on a sign forum). That being said...... some shops do "Do It All", but just because you are a "sign shop" doesn't mean you should or could.