• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large outdoor Banners

Chuck7772

silverback
hello I have been in the business for about 7 yrs and i have made many banners from 2x3 to 2x20. i was just asked for a price of a banner 10ftx 20ft to be attached to a building. like the picture attached to this thread. What do you suggest? !3 0z, 15 oz 18 oz scrim or do you use a mesh banner? i am going to have grommet ever ft on all sided but not sure what's the best to hold up. thank you in advance for the help.
large-custom-outdoor-banners-advertising-signs-large-outdoor-banner-1092x910 (1).jpg
What do you suggest? !3 0z, 15 oz 18 oz scrim or do you use a mesh banner? i am going to have grommet ever ft on all sided but not sure what's the best to hold up. thank you in advance for the help.

TheSnowman

We've done lots of Mesh and 13oz this size and never had any issues. Kind of depends how it's being installed how much reinforcement you put into it around the edges and corners though.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
MEEESSSHHHHHHHHHHH! Mesh is SOOO much easier for large banners like this. They are much lighter in weight and easier to keep taught without wrinkles. I put up a 6'x50' a few weeks back and thankfully it was mesh.. I could lift it myself.

TheDude77

We do banners of this size fairly regularly and 13 oz has always held up well. Mesh work really we also but in my opinion doesn't present as well as a solid printed banner. Usually the only trouble we have being in Oklahoma is the wind, and the grommets tearing out. On large banners we usually run pockets top and bottom and run conduit, steel pipe, or wooden dowels (depending on size and strength required). This method gives even distribution of the weight and better appearance as there aren't continuous stress creases from the grommets. If wind or stress is a factor we typically use 1000 denier over the 750.

Andy D

Banners tend to be too heavy at that size when you go 15oz or higher and the weight will tear the grommets out.
I would go mesh or a high scrim 13oz, have strapping sewn into the hemming and might request D rings on the the four corners. The largest banner I subbed out was for a Rolling Stones concert, I want to say it was 40' x 60' mesh with those specks and had no issues.