• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Print 6ft x 48ft

funnyb0nz

So I have my first large print. Customer gave me a Publisher document and when blown up to 6ft x 48 foot it looked like garbage. So I redesigned in Illustrator. So my guestion is I am useing 54 inch material. How do you guys go about printing the image? How much overlap do you do on the side that will have seam? I have read some use 1inch (because walls arent straight all the time).
This print is going on conference room wall inside building. Also do most of you laminate indoor graphics? I have always laminated everything I have done, however its been signage for outdoors. So any pointers are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
I'd run 2 Horizontal panels w a 1" overlap and a couple inches of Bleed Bttm and one Side. If you use a substrate that needs to be laminated I'd strongly suggest Satin or Matte, nothing worse IMO that a glossy wet paint looking wall!

funnyb0nz

I'd run 2 Horizontal panels w a 1" overlap and a couple inches of Bleed Bttm and one Side. If you use a substrate that needs to be laminated I'd strongly suggest Satin or Matte, nothing worse IMO that a glossy wet paint looking wall!
48foot long you would run 2? It would look better with 1 seem, however I am tackling this myself with no help.

JBurton

Signtologist
Yeah, I've mistakenly thought a 14'x98" print would look better with a horizontal seam. Only thing that could have made it worse was the fact that it was a cable bridge. Also to note, Arlon satin is nearly matte. 3m's satin is nearly gloss. There mattes and glosses are pretty well indistinguishable, but for whatever reason they thumbed their noses at each other when defining stain.