• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Quantity Lettering

signcrafters

I have a client that wants small decals (approx 10"x3"- .25" letters)- cut vinyl, individual letters. Weeded and masked.
Not too tough except they are looking for quantities of 6000, 8000 and 12000.
Any production ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

particleman

Labor wise it is a lot more feasible to do something like this on a gerber edge/summa on clear. Then you don't have to worry about the inner holes. Not sure if they would go for that, but worth a shot. Do you have an edge?

OldPaint

in that quantity..you are better off farming them to a mass quantity printer shop.
i have one locally and they do it fast and inexpensively.
10" x 3" sounds like a bumper sticker size....

Marlene

Gill Studios can do large qtys of cut letters. I wouldn't do it unless you can hire in a temp works to weed them as they are too labor intensive

Keith Jenicek

In order to cut down on weeding labor & weeding mishaps, we started incorporating a "weed line" in our outputs. That is, we create a horizontal line, to be cut, that intersects with the middle of the text. Then delete any overlapping line segments in the text using an trim tool in our software. Once this is created, repeats should be easy & weeding time should be reduced.

Keith Jenicek

Then pay someone a small sub-contracting fee to weed it for you. Depending on your state, you should be allowed $xxx.xx of sub-contracted work that would not require a 1099.