• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large realestate sign

jdale

Hey guys.

Our shop has recently acquired a new realestate client that we have been doing offset printing for for quite some time now.

Since we are getting into the signs portion of the industry more and more they have asked us to do a 4x8 V Shaped sign for a new development project they are working on.

Basically 2 4x8 signs at a 90degree angle with the whole supporting frame and whatnot.

We priced it out to what we think would be fair only to find out it was a few hundred cheaper that the leading guy here in the area.

My pricing was for printing directly on Corroplast but the competitor is doing it on plywood according to the quote.

I didn't ask if it was corro mounted to plywood but I thought I'd ask here what the usual method is.

I have told him that my price is for corro mounted to the frame directly.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ChicagoGraphics

You need to use at least 1/2" MDO plywood, depending if your installing it on a building or in the ground no frame is needed in either, In the ground you would use either 4"x4" wood post or the 3.0 green U-channels you will need 3 post.

tsgstl

Most are made either of two ways

1/2" MDO like chicago said
Diabond/Maxmetal

1/2" mdo you can get away with no frame but it is better if it has a 2"x4" frame mounted to your 4"x4" post. Or at the least run a 2"x4" between the 2 back posts. The second option def have a frame. Coroplast will never hold unless it is 10mm which isn't really worth doing.

Check with ordinance to see if a sign of that size is even allowed. And believe it or not there is even restrictions on the angle you can use for a v-shape.

Also make sure you have good insurance, digging holes can lead to damaging multiple different types of underground lines. Always have lines marked before digging.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For 2pcs 4' x 8's 'V' shaped, we would most likely use MDO 1/2". Also, we rarely ever do 90º. It'd usually more like 120º or 130º.

3pcs 4" x 4" in the ground about 42" and screw the MDO directory to them. Under most conditions, you'll be fine for two or three years. Cor'X, you'd be lucky to get much over a year, with all kinds of framing and whatnot. Dibond also needs the extra framing or it could blow out or even tear with strong enough winds.