• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large vehicle graphics

daenterpri

Ignore the printed window wrap ;) I'll be installing these large die-cut graphics this weekend. On the large logo, should I just lay the black over the red heart? Or should I try to piece the black inside the heart perfectly? And if so, how do I do that?

Also, if I'm doing this on both sides, using multiple colors of vinyl for all the little logos as well, what should I charge? (Without the window wrap)

Attachments

• cubeside.jpg
    cubeside.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 107

Locals Find!

What do you mean?

Also, I'll probably be using a High Performance Cast Arlon for this project if that helps.

He is yanking your chain and trying to politely let you know that pricing should only be discussed in the premium section along with you should already have figured out your shop rate to base to add to your time and materials.

daenterpri

He is yanking your chain and trying to politely let you know that pricing should only be discussed in the premium section along with you should already have figured out your shop rate to base to add to your time and materials.

Nice.

What about the main question? Is putting one vinyl on top of another the proper way to do this? Or is that a premium member question? ;)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey, don't sweat it..... you'll get good answers on both sides of the coin. It's just you get better answers inside.

Before you start.... do you have written permission to use those logos from the various manufactures ?? Your client's signature don't mean squat. Re-producing that stuff is frowned upon by anyone on either side of the coin. Premier or not, one must obey copyright laws at all times.

As for your copy over the heart... whatever floats your boat. Both methods are acceptable means to getting the job finished.

daenterpri

Before you start.... do you have written permission to use those logos from the various manufactures ?? Your client's signature don't mean squat. Re-producing that stuff is frowned upon by anyone on either side of the coin. Premier or not, one must obey copyright laws at all times.

That's a really good point. I'm always turning down people that want Cummins logos for that very reason. I didn't think about that for a distributor.

I appreciate your help :)

daenterpri

I tested a smaller version of this logo on my own truck to see how it would go on. I prefer a "seamless" logo, but I feel like if I try to fit the black text inside the red heart that it would have more chance of failing. Like, dirt might work it's way inside that seam between the black and red after a while.

While, if I put the black text over the red heart, it wouldn't be as "seamless", but seems like it would not have as much chance of failing. The only downfall is that people would see that slight lip as the black text goes over the red heart.

Does that make sense? Are my conclusions good? Black over red = more better?

petepaz

if you try to fit the black inside the red i think over time it will separate from shrinkage. i would just put the black text over the red heart

daenterpri

Would there be any benefit to me applying a little heat where the black text begins to go over the red heart? Would it help to make everything tight at that lip?