Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Larger ink cartridges for the 115

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rabtech, Dec 17, 2018.

1. rabtech

rabtech New Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Haleyville AL
    I can't for the life of me figure out why the larger 775ml cartridges wont fit the HP Latex 115 unit. The slides where you install the cartridges are only half full with the tiny 400ml cartridges sitting in them. Can someone confirm that the 775ml cartridges for the 300/500 series will fit and work with my 115

I tried to search this forum for the answer and the keywords were to small to search.

Also., is there a way to use the even larger boxes of ink that the 500 Hp latex printer can use? I didnt know if someone had a aftermarket kit that allowed the use of the big boxes of ink.

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Will not work. Could be that they fit mechanically, but wont be recognized as valid ink. Different product numbers.

Who in the world will buy a Latex 115 for print volumes where the 3-Liter-Ink boxes of the 570 makes sense?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    They do fit. The latex 100 are the same machine as the 300. Only difference is the ink... You pay less upfront, but pay more for ink.

There is no way to change it to allow it to use the bigger ink though. At least not that's publicly known.

4. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    At least the cartridges as coded (they have a chip in them) so even if they fit the printer won't work with them. This is the idea with different models and price points.

5. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    315 and 115 are identical except for a couple boards...just sayin

6. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Actually the 1 series and 3-5series are different in chips. If you could rechip the larger inks you could certainly run bigger ink tanks.