• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Larger Summa Regmarks

Saturn

Aging Member
Any reason to print larger regmarks? They wouldn't improve accuracy would they? Or would they?

rjssigns

Never had an issue with my Summa reading the standard mark. Only reason I could see larger marks is to compensate for less than accurate loading. Flatbed in the lab we use 1.375" squares so we only need to get close when placing sheets. Makes a larger target for the laser to find. Doesn't cut any better IMO.

Saturn

Aging Member
Appreciate the replies. I don't have trouble with seeing regmarks in general on the materials I use, but am just always trying to eke out every little drop of accuracy I can and this seemed like a simple and perhaps easily overlooked way to do it.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Just wanted to point out that only the OPOS Cam models are capable of reading marks larger than the standard 2mm black squares. Also, the OPOS Cam models aren't any more or less accurate than the standard OPOS X models, they just detect the registration marks quicker. If your cutter isn't having any problems detecting the registration marks, the accuracy issues are more likely being caused by poor tracking.

You could check your pinch rollers to make sure they are still in good shape and don't have adhesive or other debris collecting on them. For longer runs you could turn OPOS paneling on to reduce the distance the material is moved while the cutter is cutting. If your tracking issues are on heavier/thicker materials you could try using a table on the front or rear of the device to take some of the sag/weight out of the material and reduce the strain on the motors while the material is being fed forward and backward.

How far off are your cuts and what type of material/laminate combination are you using?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Saturn

Aging Member
This is more for my own curiosity than for any deficiencies with the cutter. Really nothing to solve, was just curious about the regmark size.

If I actually told you how far off it is, I think most folks on here would start with a blank look and then a smack upside the head.... It's well within tolerances, which are pretty tight if you look at the specs. ;)

I've probably just gotten a little lazy with how far apart I'm placing the regmarks, and need to tighten them up again. Put this one down to Operator Error.

Last edited: