• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Laser beam

Red's

Has anybody thought about putting a laser on their vinyl cutter to line up registration marks or bar codes?

AKwrapguy

Has anybody thought about putting a laser on their vinyl cutter to line up registration marks or bar codes?

Graphtec already has them built in in addition to a camera that auto reads the registration marks. What plotter are you using?

papabud

Lone Wolf
what is this high tech witch craft you speak of.
yes my graphtec has a laser but its way faster and easier to use a push pin. you poke it through a set of crop marks and into a straight line grove on the machine.
works 98% of the time

ikarasu

Graphtec can read skew, so why bother? I once looaded something really, really crooked just to test. I'm talking 5-6" off... It read one mark... couldnt find the second and asked me to manually find it... then it found third, and fourth by itself, and proceeded to cut perfectly. So long as your not an inch or so off, which is pretty hard to do... It should find all the marks easily.