Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Laser Engraving Filteration

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Saam, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    Can you recommend a filtration system for Laser machines ? I know Bofa is probably the best but expensive. Any alternative?

2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    What are you cutting? We vent ours outside, I cant imagine a filter being able to remove the smell when cutting acrylic.

3. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    Acrylics , You can get a Bofa and it'll filter 80-90% of smell . but its around 2K . I am looking for something cheaper but as effective as bofa.

4. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    it's not just a filter. It's a filtration system.

5. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I understand that, but based on my experience running laser engravers for over 15 years, cutting acrylic is a very smelly process, I've seen the BOFA units on some roland UV printers and I can still smell the ink, I don;t think they would work that well cutting acrylic.

We have ours vent outside, the 3 hp exhaust fan is mounted on the roof of our building, and exhausts about 10 feet above that, on days where we have both lasers running on acrylic, you can still smell it in the shop.