• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Laser Engraving Filteration

Saam

Can you recommend a filtration system for Laser machines ? I know Bofa is probably the best but expensive. Any alternative?

CanuckSigns

What are you cutting? We vent ours outside, I cant imagine a filter being able to remove the smell when cutting acrylic.

Saam

Acrylics , You can get a Bofa and it'll filter 80-90% of smell . but its around 2K . I am looking for something cheaper but as effective as bofa.

CanuckSigns

it's not just a filter. It's a filtration system.

I understand that, but based on my experience running laser engravers for over 15 years, cutting acrylic is a very smelly process, I've seen the BOFA units on some roland UV printers and I can still smell the ink, I don;t think they would work that well cutting acrylic.

We have ours vent outside, the 3 hp exhaust fan is mounted on the roof of our building, and exhausts about 10 feet above that, on days where we have both lasers running on acrylic, you can still smell it in the shop.