• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser Engraving question

Craig Keller

Like when engraving wood and to color it in with like a paint you can wipe off. For example golf tees. What's the best paint for this?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'm not 100% certain, but I seem to recall we just used a latex house paint. "Dabbed" it on and ran a damp rag over it to wipe away the excess.

tnawards

Craig, Youtube is your friend. JDS Industries has many videos on color filling different types of substrates. There are many other helpful videos by others as well. Take an hour and you can learn a lot. Good luck!

AndreaRotela

You can choose special inks to engrave the wood and stain it with a color that can be rubbed off.
Acrylic paints are widely used for wood engraving and have good adhesion. You can choose water-based acrylic paints, which can be easily washed off with water, or oil-based acrylic paints, which require special solvents for removal.

Alcohol-based markers can also be a good option for coloring wood engraving. They have good adhesion and can be easily removed with alcohol solvent or isopropyl alcohol.

As an alternative to paints, you can also consider using wax or oil to paint over your wood engraving. These can be applied to the surface and then washed off or removed as needed.