• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser Level?

splizaat

We're always looking at ways to save time...we do a ton of wall and building installs and were thinking how much faster it'd be to use a laser level rather than measure measure measure, mark mark mark.....

Is anyone here using a level to hang signs? Apply vinyl to walls/existing flat subs?

Curious how you like it...and which level you're using.

fixtureman

I used to do the signage in Revco and CVS drug stores and would use a laser to get all the lettering the same height.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
We're always looking at ways to save time...we do a ton of wall and building installs and were thinking how much faster it'd be to use a laser level rather than measure measure measure, mark mark mark.....

Is anyone here using a level to hang signs? Apply vinyl to walls/existing flat subs?

Curious how you like it...and which level you're using.

I don't find much use for it for vinyl, but if doing wall signs in large quantities, I use it a ton.

I use one of DeWalt's versions and have zero complaints. The batteries last a ridiculously long time.

The first pic shows a quick way to center a sign above an object - in this case a switch plate.

The second pic shows the setup I normally use but extended to it's maximum height. The laser gets mounted to a tripod which gets mounted to my cart. It comes in very useful when installing signs in hospitals for example, where a large number of signs are being installed at the same height.

The third pic shows the laser being used to mark a repeating center and install height. I had to install 18 of these in 6 identical rooms. It made it much easier to roll into the room and hang the center plaque where it needed to be and subsequently the other two.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 02a.jpg
    02a.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 98

2B

:goodpost:

will be using that concept for future install, plus the cart allows you to carry the tools signs with ease