• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser not finding Reg marks

customcreations

I have a FC7000MK2-75. It has been cutting to the left for the last few months on contour cut jobs. I called tech and they said clean the sensors, so I did with alcohol and air. Well now the laser will not read the reg marks. I have confirmed that the laser is on and it is passing over the marks. Any ideas?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
The laser doesn't 'find' anything. It is for manual alignment. The RMS sensor is another thing, and you might be having issues if it's laminated material. Need to adjust the sensitivity, and try different lighting.

Kns167

We got to the point with our Graphtec, where we replaced the sensor and still had the same problem(started with reflective material and then everything else).
We were told that the IDE cable had something to do with it as well as the sensor. Ours was getting up there in years.

THE SECRET FOR US:
Mailing labels!

Put one over the REG mark and draw over it using a black Sharpie. Tip: Use a ruler and draw dots along the lines of the mark so you can keep a straighter line, as seeing the mark will get difficult.

The cut will not be dead on every time due to the thickness of the line. But it worked for us in a pinch

2quick4u

recalibrate

You should not have to put tape or anything on the reg marks just recalibrate the arm's system I had the same problem I recalibrated and it finds them every time now.

Load piece of media in the cutter (white unprinted) (or what ever type you intend on cutting)
Turn on the cutter holding the test and enter keys down (service mode)
After it boots up release the keys
Now press menu key and then next key until you see RM SENSOR LEVEL ADJ and press F4
You may need to hit enter again but it will do a auto adjust scan (it is very fast you will see bars going across the display screen).
After its done turn the cutter off and back on again and give it a try see if it works better

Please note that if you cutter is near a window and you do the calibration during the day you may have problems at night.
The best thing to do is to calibrate it in the same lighting conditions that you intend on using it in.
Also lets say if you calibrate it and then a week later move the cutter to a new location in your shop I would recalibrate it again being the lighting conditions have changed.

If you calibrate lets say white laminated media and it works for you and then you want to cut reflective media I would recalibrate with reflective media before attempting any cuts as the lighting conditions have changed because of the nature of the reflective media.

Attachments

• adjust.jpg
    adjust.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: