• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser Printer Question

Graphics2u

I from Time to time help some friends out with adding an address to some pre-printed invitations. I get the document setup to print it in the correct location and then send about 100-200 copies at a time.

The pre-printed invitations are 6.75" x 9". The problem I encounter is that when I send it to the printer the first 7-8 pages spit out at the regular print speed of about 30 ppm. Then it slows down to a whopping 6 pages per minute! This happens on a Lexmark printer which is a cheaper unit, and also on a Brother Color printer which was $700-800 new.

I have put plain 8.5" x 11" copy paper in it and it will print 50 pages in about 3 minutes. So it's not really a heat issue slowing it down.

Anyone knowledgable about Laser Printers that can tell me why it slows down so much with a different size paper in it? Or if there is a solution.