Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser Printer Question

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Graphics2u, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    I from Time to time help some friends out with adding an address to some pre-printed invitations. I get the document setup to print it in the correct location and then send about 100-200 copies at a time.

The pre-printed invitations are 6.75" x 9". The problem I encounter is that when I send it to the printer the first 7-8 pages spit out at the regular print speed of about 30 ppm. Then it slows down to a whopping 6 pages per minute! This happens on a Lexmark printer which is a cheaper unit, and also on a Brother Color printer which was $700-800 new.

I have put plain 8.5" x 11" copy paper in it and it will print 50 pages in about 3 minutes. So it's not really a heat issue slowing it down.

Anyone knowledgable about Laser Printers that can tell me why it slows down so much with a different size paper in it? Or if there is a solution.

Tags: