• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Last minute Tax write-offs.What's everyone adding to their biz!

Gene@mpls

Gene you will wonder how you managed all these years without a forklift. I've had mine nearly 8 years and use it for everything. Even sending my guys up on the 16' high roof for repairs when needed :) You get really creative when you have to lift something with your back.

My renter next door has a indoor (smooth solid tires) forklift that we use when we need one... but in the snow it is helpless... so I replaced his. That way he can store
and take care of it. I am already thinking of things to do with it- like packing down our dumpster so we don't get overage charges. Gene

Typestries

I am already thinking of things to do with it- like packing down our dumpster so we don't get overage charges. Gene

This alone is so worth having a forklift or skid steer around for. hang a pallet or two vertically on the forks and smash away!! Major $$ saver.

MikePro

CAT skid steer and a new Elliot G85.
...guess its time I get my CDL. All these new toys and I can only move them around the parking lot.

klingsdesigns

My tax lady today told me I need to write more equipment/things off otherwise i am going to be paying in a lot. The question is if I have no money how am I supposed to buy more things? :/ Was thinking about another desktop, 3 monitors, another t-shirt press, cutting mat, just got quickbooks 15. Still had simplestart 2008 :( And possibly get the new adobe products since i only have cs4.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
My tax lady today told me I need to write more equipment/things off otherwise i am going to be paying in a lot. The question is if I have no money how am I supposed to buy more things? :/ Was thinking about another desktop, 3 monitors, another t-shirt press, cutting mat, just got quickbooks 15. Still had simplestart 2008 :( And possibly get the new adobe products since i only have cs4.

charge more.....

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
bought a lot of general supplies. Nothing fancy ... rolls of vinyl, digital print canvas, some new sword brushes and one shot, etc.

I was thinking of getting a large format color laser printer ... but I didn't want to spend $1500 just to make proofs.

For us it looks like we are getting a designated company vehicle (2002 Chevy Suburban). We are also looking to possibly buy a Lightning Lam 63" laminator (import) from U.S. Cutter. For our third year in business I'd say it's been a good year.

gnatt66

a 1950 chevrolet 2dr..that i'd never stick vinyl to..haha.

but the Hypertherm plasma cutter..thats a write off :)

Split76

allmost 30 rolls of print vinyl, 32" display, new phone (well, i accidentally dropped my old samsung note 3 to toilet at bar :-D ), 1500e ink.

visual800

I think you need to fire your tax lady. I cant imagine a tax person telling you to spend money so as you won't be paying in a whole lot. This all sounds to me like the old State Budget. Lets just pi$$ away money so we will get more next year. Makes no sense.

What does make sense to me is making sure you are writing off everything you possibly can. I would suggest getting creative with your accounting also.

supersignmart

New toy

We added several new toys this year, but this is the latest and greatest. We purchased an Agfa Titan HS at the SGIA show in Vegas.
Did the install last week with the color profiles being done today. So far really in love with this company.

Attachments

• IMG951476.jpg
    IMG951476.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5274.jpg
    IMG_5274.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 88

mnapuran

we bought a cet q5-250h hybrid flatbed (which is being installed today) and a Fletcher substrate cutter...
I'm calling these my Christmas bonus while the owner calls them a tax write-off... its win win for both of us... :thumb:

So... how you like it so far?

Rocco G

I'm going to upgrade three computer systems, maybe add a server, definitely get a new copy of Corel and a macro or three. Oh, I almost forgot. Since we are upgrading the 'puters I can get that Wacom tablet I've been wanting. :biggrin:

And if I can locate them, new blades for the shear. Anyone know where I can get Niagara parts and or a tech in the Phila area?