• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Last Step and I can't get past it...

dubs07

I have a vinyl image printed and laminated with crop marks. It is loaded properly (I think) in the Graphtec 7000. It was created in AI and I believe I have set up the cut paths correctly in that file. I have both Wasatch and Cutting master 2 linked to the Graphtec to use. I can't get Cutting master to add the job and Wasatch RIPs it and nothing happens. I'm supposed somehow relocate the knife to the crop marks (no idea how to) and somehow using one of these programs I can get the Graphtec to locate the crop marks. Simply put I have no idea how to make the whole process work from what kind of file the image has to saved as for either program to accept it, to set up to cut, loading media properly. I think I have done the steps right according to every manual I have read and videos I've watched. I'm heavily new at this and flying solo to figure it out. It's a whopper of questions but any advice would be such a great help and save some of my hair from being ripped out.

jiarby

you cut from illustrator... not the RIP (not always true, but for you probably so)

you move the ployyer blade to the registration marks manually using the arrows keypad on the plotter.

The illy file just has the cut paths. You use the illy plugin to cut/plot. Same button you used to make the registration marks has the cut/plot link.