Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Gold Wing...

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by Arlo Kalon 2.0, May 29, 2012.

1. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    I'm thinking of specializing in this brand of motorcycle. They are so much fun to pinstripe. This one has a shade shifting paint job from orange to deep red as you walk around it. Striping colors are silver metallic, charcoal metallic and black.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Nice!

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Very nice.

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Looks really good.
    Love....Jill

5. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Mad skills there Mr Kalon!

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    good stuff arlo! Is that all by the eye, or do you draw it out first?

7. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    I do this method on every job. I start out by painting totally freehand designs on a white aluminum panel with black paint. I make a couple different versions for each panel on the motorcycle. When it's dry, I lay pattern paper over it and trace a refined version where I'll usually edit the design by adding to it or removing parts from the original. Sometimes I'll combine parts from the second painted version to arrive at an original layout design for the striping. I set the voltage somewhat high on the Electro Pounce to get good large holes for the pattern transfer. I tend to use Kafka #3, Mack Belly #000, and Excalibur #000 brushes for most of what I do, but also have a Mack #0000 Old Dominican brush I really like a lot for any freehand additions after I've painted the parts using the pattern. Hope that info was clear and made sense.