• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest Gold Wing...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I'm thinking of specializing in this brand of motorcycle. They are so much fun to pinstripe. This one has a shade shifting paint job from orange to deep red as you walk around it. Striping colors are silver metallic, charcoal metallic and black.

Attachments

• Byron 001.jpg
    Byron 001.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Byron 002.jpg
    Byron 002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Byron 003.jpg
    Byron 003.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Byron 004.jpg
    Byron 004.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Byron 005.jpg
    Byron 005.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 83

Arlo Kalon 2.0

good stuff arlo! Is that all by the eye, or do you draw it out first?

I do this method on every job. I start out by painting totally freehand designs on a white aluminum panel with black paint. I make a couple different versions for each panel on the motorcycle. When it's dry, I lay pattern paper over it and trace a refined version where I'll usually edit the design by adding to it or removing parts from the original. Sometimes I'll combine parts from the second painted version to arrive at an original layout design for the striping. I set the voltage somewhat high on the Electro Pounce to get good large holes for the pattern transfer. I tend to use Kafka #3, Mack Belly #000, and Excalibur #000 brushes for most of what I do, but also have a Mack #0000 Old Dominican brush I really like a lot for any freehand additions after I've painted the parts using the pattern. Hope that info was clear and made sense.