• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest Install - Ceiling Graphics

seesaw signs

I vaguely recall reading a question recently about mounting graphics to ceilings of stores - I thought I'd share our experience with an installation over an existing print in a surf shop here in Byron Bay.
We originally installed 8 bays of prints measuring approx. 6000x5000mm when the shop was fitted out. That was a major mission, especially since stock (clothing) had been put out on the shelves and we did the majority of the installation wet... it took about 4 days, from memory.
This time round the client only wanted one bay's image replaced. We printed and laminated the image, set up scaff towers after hours in the store and fitted 8 x 6m planks between them (the QS1 image shows the setup) to match the pitch in the ceiling. There were 5 printed panels in all, each about 1300x5000mm.
Although we'd planned to do the job using wet application, we found (the hard way, on the first tile) that the vinyl didn't want to stay up with water around, so we sucked it up (no pun intended) and did the application dry. It went down beautifully; we just used a heat gun to ease out any wrinkles or bubbles in each panel.
QS3 shows the finished product. It took all up about 6 hours for two blokes, including scaffold setup and strikedown.
The most difficult part of the job was holding the long rolled up prints above our heads while we line it all up...
Here's hoping Kelly wins an 11th World Title, and we get to do another one!
Cheers,
Neil.

Attachments

• QS3.jpg
    QS3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 83
  • QS1.jpg
    QS1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 91
  • QS2.jpg
    QS2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 81