• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

latest logo job

iSign

Here's another $500 logo design (hey... I tried to ask $600.. but he had a budget of 500, so I caved :doh: ...but he is a repeat client, bordering on "friend")

so anyway, I am over budget on time, and while I'm always open to hearing all the many ways it could be better, it's kinda/sorta approved already...

however, I do want to ask which of these two variations folks like better, and why:

(I might post my typically atrocious preliminary sketches later)

Attachments

• mgsl.jpg
    mgsl.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 77
  • mgsl2.jpg
    mgsl2.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 86

cgsigns_jamie

I like the second one better... I don't like the way the script reads in the first one.

Have you thought about adding a pinch more detail on the car/cart?
I think it would look much better if you add a bit of shading around each opening on the cart so it looks a bit more dimensional... Here's a quickie mock up...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 5.57.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-01 at 5.57.36 PM.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

shakey0818

I like the second one,its cleaner looking and easy to read.I really like the shopping cart/truck,and the sunburst thing kinda pulls your eyes towards everything.Simple but unique,one that will be remembered when someone reads the sign.Only thing i would do is fix how the door goes through the window and the moldings.Nice job doug.

GypsyGraphics

that looks GREAT doug!

i think i'd move the cart handle to the back though. not only is the handle usually on the angled side, but it would give a forward motion to the cart.

auto accents sc

i like the second one as well. The font has an Island Feel. Have you thought of putting the initials on the door of the car to connect it with the business." MGS" To me the car looks a little plain.
Jamey

iSign

I like the second one better... I don't like the way the script reads in the first one.

Have you thought about adding a pinch more detail on the car/cart?
I think it would look much better if you add a bit of shading around each opening on the cart so it looks a bit more dimensional... Here's a quickie mock up...

thanks Jamie

at this size, on my laptop I can't even see any difference, but that is a good idea....

I like the second one,its cleaner looking and easy to read.I really like the shopping cart/truck,and the sunburst thing kinda pulls your eyes towards everything.Simple but unique,one that will be remembered when someone reads the sign.Only thing i would do is fix how the door goes through the window and the moldings.Nice job doug.

Thanks shake... that is a Ford Transit and the door does look like that... the little triangle is where the mirror is, not part of the window...

that looks GREAT doug!

i think i'd move the cart handle to the back though. not only is the handle usually on the angled side, but it would give a forward motion to the cart.

more good feedback... the carts I looked up were angled on both sides, but I think I'll switch it...

i like the second one as well. The font has an Island Feel. Have you thought of putting the initials on the door of the car to connect it with the business." MGS" To me the car looks a little plain.
Jamey

yep, thought I might even try the whole logo on the door, with the logo on the door in the logo on the door....

fmg

Don't like the VEEEHEEEKAALLL.It looks like a Pro Vehicle Outline Image placed on top of the ray background and it don't work too well with the text with the shadow if ya naaa I mean!!!

iSign

Don't like the VEEEHEEEKAALLL.It looks like a Pro Vehicle Outline Image placed on top of the ray background and it don't work too well with the text with the shadow if ya naaa I mean!!!
Don't stress so much boy.. You'll fit in some day...

chopper

I like the weight of the first one but the lettering on the second one, what I mean is the way Maui Grocery on top looks kinda heavy with just service on the bottom,
what if you bumped up maui on the top and moved Grocery to the bottom and maybe stacked it ..
//chopper

shakey0818

I would leave it as it ,like you said you used up their budget and more time than you billed for and they like it.They got their monies worth and then some.

Dan Antonelli

Watch your proportions, and distance legibility. Think iconic, easy to digest. Squint test or even thumbnail test, shows you where it's lacking. The name is problematic since it does not say what they do (the word 'service' is ambiguous). SInce you're wrapping, think more in line with supergraphic icon treatment, then strong typography, not necessarily integrated. So, icon bleeding off the rear, type treatment front. Objective is at a quick, one second or less glance, know what they do. I don't think you can pull that off as designed. Remove a lot of detail on the illy, and dumb it down more, maybe give it dimension, or angle it to show motion. Or consider a grocery bag on wheels, etc.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Well, it's doubtful you can do any of these suggestions now but, too much detail... looks clip-arty, one of my favorite looks for a delivery company of this type was homegrocer... I had an issue with just the peach signifying home grocery delivery, but I like how they did the graphics on the vehicles, the marketing and the site. So much so that I tried them out a few times.

One of the ways to get that transit dumbed down may work on the following examples. the food can be dumbed down the same way and there are many examples on the web... or use color to give the idea that they deliver groceries.

Attachments

• TrustStore_Logo_2010.jpg
    TrustStore_Logo_2010.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 79
  • images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 9796287_72ae26812a.jpg
    9796287_72ae26812a.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 72
  • HN001552.jpg
    HN001552.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 95
  • munch.jpg
    munch.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 81

iSign

thanks Dan. Actually, I may not be wrapping... just doing a logo at this point... for the website... and he plans to buy a Ford Transit.. eventually... but doesn't have one yet, so he may get some door graphics on something else first.. but that said, I hear you with a ton of great insights.

I was thinking of your comment last month, about $500 being a steal, (meaning I should quit giving away design work) and after this one I'm feeling ready to just stop offering $500 logos, and not even offer $600 either... I think I'm ready to jump to $1000 in one shot, because not only did it take me a good long while to get here... but to get further will also take time until I develop this skill further...

Rick.. thank you too.. those are great examples.. I love that last "Munch Crunch" one especially!! ...I wanna design like that!

Maybe I should try to dumb it down, even though he thinks he likes it now...