• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest Printheads

Robert Gruner

Looks like you have narrowed your decision down to the HP or the CET. Ricoh and Konica both make nice print heads.

If you scroll back through the numerous posts at this site you will read lots of commentary regarding the two printers and whose is the best.

I'm partial to hybrid printers and that's why I prefer HP.

Email me through this site and I will gladly give you my comments along with references to end users for their thoughts.

Bob Gruner
NusignSupply

DustinD

Merchant Member
We are currently running a 500Q in our Grand Rapids office. 7 pl drop size makes for killer quality. The gen 4 Ricoh head is newer than what hp uses in the 500 / 700 smaller droplet sizes make for much better quality without the use of light inks.

The Q can be had with CMYK X 1,2, or 3 + white for a total of 20 heads.

The standard 500 runs spectra heads at 15pl.

CET also has hybrid printers up to 126 inch in width.

artbot

so they 500Q ink lay down leaves a tough cured finish? i was curious about this. the FB ink is laid on veeery thin and not completely cured for a day or so.

DustinD

Merchant Member
You can make it print however you want. I use very aggressively high ink limits for reverse printing backed with white. You can feel it trust me. That head will fire up to 21pl so it can flow if you want it to. I usually print more high quality so I'm running up to 32 passes with 4 layers of white. It lays it on thick.

I've worked with many FB's in my day the newer gen 4 heads used in the Q are far superior. I regularly print at 720 X 600 4pass with great results. On the lower end it can print fast also 400 sq / hr.

Matt-Tastic

All UV inks have the same issue of not being completely cured as soon as they are finished. is most porous medias, they are easily handled within minutes of printing, but most are completely cured within 24 hours of printing (best ink bond).

That being said, the CET does a great job of laying down enough ink for the color needed, without having to oversaturate. I've been happy with the quality of the print and the durability shortly after the print. You can still easily scratch it off of glass within a few minutes, but it seems more durable after an overnight cure than the FB or even the Oce/Fuji inks.