Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Versaworks 6 Update

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Farmboy, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    Wondering if I'm the only one having issues with the latest VersaWorks update. It's apparently causing issues with the dampers (just on VG2 machines) and they have to be changed out. Now I remember why I turned off updates on my previous versions.

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Tom,

What version do you have? I haven't heard anything about the software causing problems with dampers. And I can't figure out how it would affect dampers at all. Do you mean firmware on your printer?

3. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY

4. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I don't think it has anything to do with Versaworks. I do know that there are issues with print heads leaking ink. We've got a few cases going on with that as well. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to pinpoint the ultimate cause of this. I hope someone figures it out soon.

Good Luck

5. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    A software rip would not do that. A firmware update to the printer absolutely can. Manufacturers have timer running on all of your parts to let you know when they have exceeded their life.

6. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    It may not even be a firmware update causing tis...it could just be coincidental with their new software release...every printer has tis built in. This way you know when to have a pm service performed.