Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Wrap install

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by modernmav, Jul 23, 2010.

1. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Here is the latest wrap we finished, i know a lot of people on here didnt like the logo design but we went ahead with it and are pleased with the way it turned out. Its gotten a lot of attention so far.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Phone nubmer should have gone somewhere else. Also the "T" Shirt Idea is a good one, but I think alot of people are going to see I Shirt instead, my 2 cents.

3. SignsonTime

SignsonTime Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I agree that the first thing I see is I shirts.

4. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    that T-shirts logo is well known locally for what it is, so that part of it wont be misunderstood as much around here.

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    The size of the phone number is just ridiculous...:banghead: You had a lot of good advice when you started on this and didn't listen to very much of it.

6. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    is there a URL on there somewhere?

7. WOODBS

WOODBS Very Active Member

Jun 5, 2007
    can't really read "wraps" ..not diggingthe spacing on the job descipts...good line-up on the swirly thing from side to rear...other than that it is what it is

8. Edserv

Edserv Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Wrap! Good job!
    Chris

9. Todd-sta

Todd-sta Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    I like the background a lot... as well as the "Wraps" logo on the driver-side.

I agree that the phone number and secondary text on the driver's rear side panels is not the best choice in font/execution.

Also agree with the others on the "T" looking like an "I."

Some good, some bad points here.

10. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    thanks todd

11. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    I was wandering how the dots behind wraps was made.

thanks
    JR

12. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

That may be the case, but... should you only be marketing to those for whom your logo is well known? or would it be better if the design is clear and understandable to people you haven't yet reached with your marketing?

And besides, simply changing the design to read "T-shirts" rather than "I-shirts" wouldn't be a big enough change to the design that it would somehow completely change the look and feel of your identity, and as a result, somehow cause you to lose business. On the contrary changing the design for the better would only help your business. I've always thought it was silly whenever a customer came in and refuses to change a poor design because they think it is "established". You don't want to "establish" a logo that is confusing, or worst yet a logo that looks like a mistake was made, especially when you are in the business of handling other peoples brands or advertisements.
    :thumb:

13. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    raps & i-shirts.

14. HolbrookDesignStudio

HolbrookDesignStudio Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Looks like it was applied well! Hope you get a lot of business from it!

15. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I like the background and the contrast the flow and balance are fine
    Yes things can improve, but hey that's why we are here to learn, teach, and ponder about.

16. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  17. modernmav

modernmav Member

Sep 1, 2009
    thanks craig an jhill. i'm sure we'll be changing the design in 6 months to a year anyway just for fun.