Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latex 2 sided

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by DoubleDown, Aug 20, 2012.

1. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Looking for a good paper stock or banner stock for running two sided jobs on the 850 and such? We have had horrible results with 8pt blockout paper, it buckles too much to get good quality. Anyone running any really good NON CURLING material for POP hanging 2 sided signs?

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    I have a great 2 sided blockout fabric at $0.50 and also my 9pt prints double sided at $0.11 The fabric is what I reccomend and it looks great off latex.

3. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Yeah, trying to stay away from fabric, they really want either a really nice blockout banner or blockout paper. The paper is fine until we get to something that is dark red and it just starts to buckles like crazy.

4. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    Check out Blox-Lite 10 or 14 mil.

As for paper buckling, sound like you need to properly calibrate for and profile your paper. Sound like to much ink is being put down. A common problem with the Latex printers

5. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego

+ 1

6. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    I agree, we were using our calibrated banner profile for this one but at the same time, we tried stock profiles for paper and such and each one did the same thing ONLY buckled on the red portion of the prints.

7. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

My product is darn near identical to blox-lite except its half the price FYI

8. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    So why haven't you calibrated and profiled for the paper?

Be sure to set your light inks to 0 for 50% and above when you do.

9. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Actually we did. We've tried Lexjet, General Formulations and now Converd's paper and all with the same issue. Just wrote a profile yesterday and it starts to print out fine but done the road starts buckling again. We have the heat on our 850 to 70/45 and have the ink restrictions the lowest it can go.

Any more thoughts or anyone else know of someone who is a wiz with the latex and settings?

10. Hzone15

Hzone15 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Yes

Tim and Scott @ HP's Demo Center!

11. Robert Gruner

Robert Gruner Member

Mar 6, 2012
    houston tx
    HZone,

Yes, Tim and Scott at HP Demo center. Anyone in cyberland who has an LX850 or even an LX600 should invest in visiting the HP demo center. The learning experience is worth the trip.