• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 2 sided

DoubleDown

Looking for a good paper stock or banner stock for running two sided jobs on the 850 and such? We have had horrible results with 8pt blockout paper, it buckles too much to get good quality. Anyone running any really good NON CURLING material for POP hanging 2 sided signs?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a great 2 sided blockout fabric at $0.50 and also my 9pt prints double sided at $0.11 The fabric is what I reccomend and it looks great off latex.

DoubleDown

Yeah, trying to stay away from fabric, they really want either a really nice blockout banner or blockout paper. The paper is fine until we get to something that is dark red and it just starts to buckles like crazy.

dypinc

Yeah, trying to stay away from fabric, they really want either a really nice blockout banner or blockout paper. The paper is fine until we get to something that is dark red and it just starts to buckles like crazy.

Check out Blox-Lite 10 or 14 mil.

As for paper buckling, sound like you need to properly calibrate for and profile your paper. Sound like to much ink is being put down. A common problem with the Latex printers

DoubleDown

I agree, we were using our calibrated banner profile for this one but at the same time, we tried stock profiles for paper and such and each one did the same thing ONLY buckled on the red portion of the prints.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Check out Blox-Lite 10 or 14 mil.

As for paper buckling, sound like you need to properly calibrate for and profile your paper. Sound like to much ink is being put down. A common problem with the Latex printers

My product is darn near identical to blox-lite except its half the price FYI

dypinc

I agree, we were using our calibrated banner profile for this one but at the same time, we tried stock profiles for paper and such and each one did the same thing ONLY buckled on the red portion of the prints.

So why haven't you calibrated and profiled for the paper?

Be sure to set your light inks to 0 for 50% and above when you do.

DoubleDown

Actually we did. We've tried Lexjet, General Formulations and now Converd's paper and all with the same issue. Just wrote a profile yesterday and it starts to print out fine but done the road starts buckling again. We have the heat on our 850 to 70/45 and have the ink restrictions the lowest it can go.

Any more thoughts or anyone else know of someone who is a wiz with the latex and settings?

Robert Gruner

HZone,

Yes, Tim and Scott at HP Demo center. Anyone in cyberland who has an LX850 or even an LX600 should invest in visiting the HP demo center. The learning experience is worth the trip.