• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 310 crashes during print calibration

I've noticed banding from my magenta head. Cleaning the head and aligning the printheads is not totally correcting the problem. As I recently put in a new magenta cartridge I decided to calibrate the color but in the middle of doing that the printer crashed (79:04). Come to learn that meant I needed to update the firmware. After doing that via USB I tried to calibrate the color again and the same crash/error code occurred. I've repeated this a couple times to the same end. Has anyone here had the same issue? Any solutions?

Thanks!

That's a generic error. It doesn't really mean your firmware is messed up. It means it knows something is wrong but it can't figure out what it is. There is no specific error set that directly applies to the situation it is having. Did it actually crash and hit the media? It only crashes when trying to calibrate? Is it a system crash a carriage crash.

Could be a multitude of different things. There are two main different 79.04. It's a little in depth for me to go into on here though. If you want I can send you a tech manual for the L25500 it lists the error codes and fixes. Your machine will be slightly different but this error code still applies.

greysquirrel

Verify that Printhead status is ok...and no inks expired...you may have a out of warranty head causing this error...what type of media are you trying to calibrate? It's not clear of backlit film is it? The color sensor will only read reflective, not transmissible material.
Did you download a profile for the media or are you trying to clone one to another?

jdejesus

I had this exact same problem last month on my hp 110. Hp helped me determine my problem was from a bad ICC profile. I was using the profile The vendor had on their website. When hp asked me to switch over to the generic profile, it passed the calibration.

Big Easy - Thanks, please send that my way - I have the manual for the 310 and it said it was a firmware issue. I'm new to this machine though so you know better than I do.

greysquirrel - Printheads are saying they're OK, no inks are expired. I'm using Oracal 3641 & the profile for it.

jdejsus - Thanks for the tip - I switched the substrate over to generic, ran a test print and the banding was gone. When I switched back to the Oracal profile the problem seemed to have corrected itself.

This doesn't address the original system-crashing problem but at least I can get some things printed before I try to calibrate again.

Fares Bayazeed

Hi Big Easy Does It. Would you please send me the list of codes so I can use it on my HP 360 error code: 16.61:10? Much appreciated!

Just FYI this code is not in the book. You might be able to use it to trouble shoot though. If you want me to forward it to you PM me your email. And I will send you a dropsend link.