• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 315 Didn't Print Overlap. Color Band Issue?

I printed a wrap for this 53' trailer I'm working on and one half of the overlaps did not get printed. If you're looking at the print preview on the RIP and PRINT screen every left side of each panel is missing about a half inch. So effectively what the printer did was not print the overlap for every other panel.

I'm including pictures of what the preview window showed and a picture of what the panels look like when I hung them next to each other. Hopefully these will help clarify the problem I'm having here as I know I may not be explaining this adequately.

print preview 1.png print preview 2.png print overlap missing.jpg

This is the first time I have ever used the Print Color Band option and this is also the first time I've had this problem. This is a pretty big issue as I already have printed they entire wrap and now I'm going to have to figure out a way to patch this all together. My best option at the moment is printing strips to fill in the gaps of the missing print.

I'm mostly trying to figure out how this happened and how to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Thank you,

AJ

jfiscus

Rap Master
You're going to have to reprint every other panel with wider overlaps to salvage this job. You'll have to run a 60" roll probably to achieve this though, but at least you'll only lose half your materials... You will also have to print the color bars on the wider media you reprint the new panels on to get the same colors.
I'm not sure on exactly what your rip is showing me there for overlaps as my rip is different, but I don't see anything that tells me 100% that there is 1" overlap on these tiles?
Either that or your tiles are too wide for the media minus the color bars and the sides just got "clipped".

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Why use color the color bars on a full color print? I only ever turn that on when I'm doing something with like 80% white space and few colors.

Also it looks to me like you tiled the print before sending to the RIP, and possibly have something set that cut off those inside edges. Just send the whole image to RIP and set your tiling there. It's pretty much foolproof.