• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex 360 banding coming from right hand side

PrintItBig

Hi,

We're having issues with our Latex 360 with banding appearing on the right hand side of the printer. Photos attached.

I think (although I might be mistaken) we've had this issue before and I think changing the maintenance cartridge corrected. So even though the cartridge had 20% left we've put a new one in but the problem persists.

Our service kit percentages are as follows...

SMK 1 = 23%
SMK 2 = 6%
SMK 3 = 84%

Is the 84% a problem? Is it time to get that done?

Is there some other potential cause?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 130

PrintItBig

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's a print head. The banding is not all the way across the prints, it's only on right hand side and often seems to coincide with when the heads clean themselves periodically while printing.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Okay, well good luck solving it I guess :help

You just said yourself why its most likely one of the heads.
You see one of the heads is underperforming and it takes time for it to start fire again. It doesn't happen on the left because there is no cleaning or pauses there. Only on right side.

PrintItBig

Not meaning to doubt you, I appreciate the reply, just not see a head fail like that before.

Head test for all heads is perfect. All heads bar one are out of warranty though. Any idea how to track down which one it could be?

dypinc

Looks like ink starvation on the light cyan. Slow it down by increasing inter-pass delay or create a new media preset and profile using CMYK only if you can live with the grain.

What pass number are you using?

brdesign

Not meaning to doubt you, I appreciate the reply, just not see a head fail like that before.

Head test for all heads is perfect. All heads bar one are out of warranty though. Any idea how to track down which one it could be?
I have seen printheads fail like that before both on a HP Latex and even on solvent printer once. It can show a perfect test pattern but cause issues with ink starvation during the printing, those disposable latex print heads can be rather finicky and need replacing quite often to maintain consistent printing. At least that has been my experience with the HP Latex printers. So how many milliliters are on that printhead?

Maybe the problem is something else, but the printhead is still a possibility.

dypinc

I have run into print jobs that just can not be printed with faster passes using CMYKcm that do not exhibit ink starvation because of HP s decision to only use one lc/lm print head. You just have to change or make a new media preset to get around this problem. Yes and it could be the lc/lm printhead stating to fail. No redundancy with only one printhead.