• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 360 print quality issues

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Hi,
I've been having two issues with a gray print on PVC banner. I have a lighter colored vertical stripe and horizontal green stripes. I tried color calibration, print head alignments and cleanings. I've printed on other material and haven't noticed this issue. I tried a couple different banner profiles but they all print the same. Any suggestions? Right now I am switching out my cyan and black print heads to see if it makes a difference

Attachments

• 20220209_112645.jpg
    20220209_112645.jpg
    877.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 20220209_112609.jpg
    20220209_112609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
  • 20220209_122146.jpg
    20220209_122146.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 171

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Both of those are purely printhead problems.
You can add spit bars on the side if you try to wanna figure out more from which channel it comes from.
But clearly you have issues with that bottom black printhead. Clean the connectors well when you put the new ones in.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Both of those are purely printhead problems.
You can add spit bars on the side if you try to wanna figure out more from which channel it comes from.
But clearly you have issues with that bottom black printhead. Clean the connectors well when you put the new ones in.
Okay thanks! I just changed out one of the black cyan print heads hopefully it does the trick. It's weird I'm not seeing issues on all prints, wouldn't I be seeing issues with all profiles if the print head is bad ?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No, not that problem. Some people call it ink starvation, I'm not sure if it's technically that but anyway it happens when you print certain shade and one of the heads (usually the LM-LC) has to work hard but it will not print properly after cleaning. It will start firing normal but it takes a moment. That's why you see those stripes starting from the display side and most of the time they disappear before the left side.
Now maybe in these pictures you have two different issues and possibly two different heads acting up. Not sure.

Then you print something else and the printhead doesn't have to work so hard, it stays normal and everything seems fine.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Okay thanks! Changing the black/cyan print head didn't make a difference, I'm going to try one of the light cyan/light magenta heads now. I printed the color bar and it looks fine but is still printing the horizontal lines and verical line

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Spit bar has no difference on that spot where the lighter part is?
Just out of curiosity, can you take a picture of it?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It has to be from the display side (right side).
And from this spot specifically where you can see the white stripe.

1644433740253.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Great. Sometimes there is a work around that doesn't work for everyone but it's possible to make a CMYK print mode that won't use the lights. With that you can still do this kind of work without replacing the LM-LC.

ToTo

Professional Support
As you can clearly see in your third picture one Black is not printing at all. Replace that printhead.

SLord

If changing the heads does not help, that is, the test is perfect, then increase the print delay time between passes.
It helps us (Latex 375).