• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(Latex 560/570) Which direction do you spool your takeup?

flyplainsdrifta

i go both ways. depends on the material. anything more prone to curling post print i will go face out. anything else goes backer out.

See image attached for a description of the TUR options on the Latex 500 Series

Attachments

• 500 TUR Tension.JPG
    500 TUR Tension.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 214

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you guys had it all over again would you purchase Hp 560 or 570 again?

Thank you!
I'd say the same thing as ikarasu, without the 570's we have we wouldn't have grown as much as we have in the last 2 years. We are now diversifying but the Latex printers we have used for the last 10 years made our company what it is, they are a great investment for any print shop with a reliable technology that works for the majority. If you need extreme color gamut or deal with applications that stretch is an issue then look at the Epson SC series but for the mass market, these are great machines that will make you a lot of money with little to no maintenance.

GetTarps

Thank you everyone! I bought the HP 560 and love it! No smell coming out of the printer like my Epson and the ink is dry.

The 560 is so easy to load. This printer is a real machine compared to the Epson. I will never buy a Eco solvent again!

Dukenukem117

Thank you everyone! I bought the HP 560 and love it! No smell coming out of the printer like my Epson and the ink is dry.

The 560 is so easy to load. This printer is a real machine compared to the Epson. I will never buy a Eco solvent again!
What materials are you printing? I definitely get a smell with anything PVC based.

Maggie Reaves

magnolianbeef
Graphic side in for anything I'm mounting and graphic side out for anything I'm putting on the CNC. Makes unrolling easier for what is happening to it next. Of course, caution is taken depending on material but I'm almost always running Oracal 3640 or Jarhead.

karst41

The 500 series is a Love Hate relationship every day.
Media feed is a damm train wreck. You choose between 20" media loss on every One Off job
or a Carriage crash..

Somebody made a post stating to not use cheap materials.
Ok so I loaded up a roll of IJ180 C v3. CRASH!

Colors: Yellow is very weak on this system and is due to SO DIFF being Disabled:
Even with the Density being Jacked up to 120% the Dark Olive Greens are simply NOT going to hit.
There will not be enough yellow laid down. I have tried to manipulate through Flexi (Subscription)

However. Most all Pantone colors are going to hit nicely using Color Correction.
Speed: Yes these babies are very fast!

I love the ease of feed.
In the Loading sequence of the printer just prior to feeding I open the Window
This raised the rollers, and i feed through until I line up with the media roll.
The printer will rewind it to where it needs to be.
If Not then I advance or retrace to where I want it

The Spindle less TUR is good but no adjustments to the RH side.
There are times where this is an issue.

No Capping for the Print heads. If you do not run ink everyday you will have issues.
I made a 53" x 5" test print that forces all print heads to fire and run it once a day.
when work is slow.

The things that HP got wrong are horrible and should have never happened.

The things they got right are second to none.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Media feed is a damm train wreck. You choose between 20" media loss on every One Off job
or a Carriage crash..

Somebody made a post stating to not use cheap materials.
Ok so I loaded up a roll of IJ180 C v3. CRASH!

Colors: Yellow is very weak on this system and is due to SO DIFF being Disabled:
Even with the Density being Jacked up to 120% the Dark Olive Greens are simply NOT going to hit.
There will not be enough yellow laid down. I have tried to manipulate through Flexi (Subscription)

However. Most all Pantone colors are going to hit nicely using Color Correction.
Speed: Yes these babies are very fast!

I love the ease of feed.
This raised the rollers, and i feed through until I line up with the media roll.

No Capping for the Print heads. If you do not run ink everyday you will have issues.
I made a 53" x 5" test print that forces all print heads to fire and run it once a day.
when work is slow.

There is capping for the PHs. Generally it should not be much of an issue leaving the printer sitting for a week.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Mine sits for a week every other week. I thought it had auto printhead cleanings when it is asleep. In any case I've never had an issue myself.
It never does periodical cleaning automatically. So that's why it shouldn't sit forever.

I always recommend to do a few cleanings from the menu every week if it's sitting for summer holiday or something else.

Dukenukem117

or a Carriage crash..

I don't know how you get away with only 20" media loss. To spool the takeup requires like 4 feet for me.

My yellow printheads seem to clog more than anything else. I wonder if this is related.

Is that a built-in feature?

I love the ease of feed.

Do you ever print without winding the takeup? We do a lot of mesh and I never print without takeup. Too many head crashes otherwise since theres no vacuum.

Because the spindles are offset by at 1 inch, I've had issues where the takeup core does not cover the length of the material. A lot of material we buy were cut down from a longer roll, so the material is spooled to the very edge of the core.

when work is slow.

The maintenance cartridge does have rubber seals for capping the print heads. However I still try to run a printhead clean every day no matter what. Maybe I should do a larger test print instead. I still can't figure out why yellow keeps clogging.

I also think the touchscreen is the crappiest most inconsistent touchscreen I've ever used. It would register presses by as much as 1-2 inches off at times.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't know how you get away with only 20" media loss. To spool the takeup requires like 4 feet for me.

My yellow printheads seem to clog more than anything else. I wonder if this is related.

Is that a built-in feature?

Do you ever print without winding the takeup? We do a lot of mesh and I never print without takeup. Too many head crashes otherwise since theres no vacuum.

Because the spindles are offset by at 1 inch, I've had issues where the takeup core does not cover the length of the material. A lot of material we buy were cut down from a longer roll, so the material is spooled to the very edge of the core.

The maintenance cartridge does have rubber seals for capping the print heads. However I still try to run a printhead clean every day no matter what. Maybe I should do a larger test print instead. I still can't figure out why yellow keeps clogging.

I also think the touchscreen is the crappiest most inconsistent touchscreen I've ever used. It would register presses by as much as 1-2 inches off at times.
Color correction is built in and should be done every once in a while if you are looking to match colors. Won't work with mesh tho.

Do you have a 570 with big cans? Do you use it enough honestly? Have you ever taken out the intermediate tanks and given them them a good old shake?

I've seen hundreds of these touchscreens and it sounds like you might be over exaggerating. If this is the case, at least during warranty it should have been replaced. Anyways the screen design is like almost 10 years old so no Wonder it aint the best in the world.