• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 570 not printing blue correctly. Comes out as purple

BigNate

just a few things, make sure your printheads are good, run a calibration, and make sure the original color has the correct profile - greys are very difficult, but you should be able to get a mix that has the correct color and prints clean.

DO NOT TRUST CUSTOMER ARTWORK for printable colors - there are a lot of colors that a customer likes in the additive display process of a monitor, but cannot be properly reproduced in the subtractive environment of inks on substrate. (reflex blue, the blue that used to be in pens, it cannot be reproduced through process colors, only through a custom mix spot. Your customer can very easily select colors that cannot be reproduced - and these will often start to show in the greys.)

netsol

DO NOT TRUST CUSTOMER ARTWORK for printable colors

NATE, we should either have that put on teeshirts, OR engrave it over the door

ikarasu

Our blues are always on the darker side using the built in spectro.... Profiling our own media they come out way better. But with using the profile the printer generates...royal blue is almost a black, lighter blues turn purple... Greys are "ok" but theyre a big mix of CMYK so they suck under different lightings.

The best way is to build your own profile... I'd say the HP Spectro is a step above not having one, but is a few step back from having your own and making your own profiles.

Last edited:

cornholio

Sometimes, the ink in the big cartridge and/or the intermediate tanks get demixed. Especially when your ink sat too long. I saw such issues after the COVID time. You can try to shake your inks. Sometimes we needed to replace them.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Latex 570 not printing blue correctly. Comes out as purple
Relatively a common problem and it has to do with color management.

A simple first look is to preview color by making the printer's output ICC profile available to the design software in order to use its soft proof feature.

Further checks involve making sure to use the proper input and output ICC profiles for the process. However, if the results are stubborn and remain purplish, a color correction might be the fix.