• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex 570 print head status plot

maximumapogee

When I print the print head status plot on our HP Latex 570, the black bars have a feathered edge on them. Most of the nozzles seem to be working, and the prints seem fine. I replaced one of the C/K print heads with a new one and am still seeing the same feathered edge. Any Ideas?

upload_2021-2-23_7-58-8.jpeg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well that's a new one.
How is the cleaning cartridge looking? Especially the wiper.
Have you changed that to a new one?

Lets assume this is issue with the black ink composition and the material.
How does this same test look like printed on vinyl?

And most of the nozzles are open so... I wouldn't even worry about it.
Or can you actually see an issue somewhere in the prints?

Last edited:

maximumapogee

Well that's a new one.
How is the cleaning cartridge looking? Especially the wiper.
Have you changed that to a new one?

Lets assume this is issue with the black ink composition and the material.
How does this same test look like printed on vinyl?

And most of the nozzles are open so... I wouldn't even worry about it.
Or can you actually see an issue somewhere in the prints?

The maintenance cartridge has been recently changed. All the components of the maintenance cartridge look correct.

I only have matte poly and a nonwoven banner material, and it's the same on both.

I can occasionally see it in black text, it will be lighter than it should be.

I've been contemplating the problem, and I think what's happening is the nozzles are initially not firing, clogged or no ink, then they start firing after a dozen or so tries. On the status plot the black bar gets drawn before the grid of individual nozzles, so the nozzles are initially not firing, but by the time they get part way through the black bar they are all firing and the grid is drawn normally. Don't know what the solution for that problem would be, but that's my theory.