• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Canvas that works with water based pigmented ink?

sfr table hockey

Here is an interesting one on canvas. I was able to do a small test print on a scrap of canvas that was meant to be for latex printers. It looked to have a rolled on coating on the canvas and you could see where it stopped by the faint lines on the edges. The area that was not coated was the area that printed the best with my water based ink. Then their print was printed on top of that coating from what I can tell as the print after is not coated with anything.

The canvas stretched real nice and when testing the small test print for scratch resistance it was very good. Most of the canvas I have used will flake off easily when scratching before being varnished. Not this latex brand, as the color was great and the ink was not rubbing off or where you scratched it, it would scratch but not flake like normal water based canvas does.

I tried to contact the sellers where this canvas print was from and they won't sell the canvas or say what it was. It was from Europe is all I know.

So anyone with a latex printer that prints on canvas, and has any ideas on this would be helpful. I will check with some latex dealers and see what I can find around here.

sfr table hockey

Now that one you listed is shown as solvent and seeing that Latex will bond to a lot more media, I can see why that would work for you.

I do have some solvent canvas from Amplis ( way too much money for how it turned out) and with that there is no way the water based will stick to it. This is why I found it funny that they said it was for Latex only.

The funny thing is that for all the water based canvas I have ever used always has that coating on it so that the ink will adhere to it. This stuff from Europe does not seem to have any coating that comes off when picked at.

I just tried to drop a bit of solvent ink on the test pieces and the solvent ink seems to take as well.

Might have to look more into your link above.

Thanks