• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex colors?

dypinc

I have two RIPs here that can drive the L25500 among other inkjet printers. They are the Fiery XF 4.5.7 and ColorGate 7. Both can read in LAB values but the ColorGate is far easier than the Fiery. Also a word of caution in regards to the Adobe PDF Print Engine. Some implementations of it in some RIPs or drivers in RIPS will not allow you to make any adjustments in PMS colors. As an example the ColorGate RIP set to use the APPE will allow Spot Color adjustments with the L25500 but won't with the Canon iPF9000. With the Canon I have to set the RIP to use the JAWS interpreter to affect changes for spot colors. I see the exact same thing with the Fiery EX RIP that drives the digital press, where changes in Spot On have no effect with the APPE selected.