• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex compatible static cling?

GP

Looking for a static cling like media for a window project - to cover some vacant storefronts with temporary promotions.

Interior mounted, low tack. White opaque.

Anyone have decent priced solution for our L25000.

Thanks.

General Formulations Concept 208 has an Onyx media profile available for the HP L25500 and L26500 printers, though I have never attempted to print on it with the latex ink machines. One thing that is true with most cling medias is that they tend to contain a lot of plasticizers, which in time will migrate to the surface and interfere with the ink's ability to adhere with the media. 3 months from the date of manufacture is the shelf life for this media.

GP

Doesn't this contradict itself. Seems you would want a clear static cling that would need a white backer once it was printed (second surface).

I guess you're right. Sorry for the confusion.

It has to go on the inside - since this is a busy intersection (think drunk college kids). I was hoping for something quick to go up, quick to come down - since it is for a three week event. 3-4 windows that measure 71x84.

In my head, I was thinking their would be a white material that I could print directly on - then, that face would cling to the inside of the window.

This may not be the case.

So - I guess I go with a transparent, printed reverse - then laminate with 651? I sifted through just about every catalog and nothing is jumping off the page as THE solution for short term, interior windows.

GP

Seems like a decent alternative - Just need to find a good paper to use, I guess - which we burn through pretty quickly for random jobs, art proofs, etc.

Typestries

how about trisolve paper, strip of banner tape at top and 2 tabs in the bottom corner. Roll bottom up it makes install a breeze.

we do a lot of these works really well-and just about anyone can install them

We just printed an entire roll of General Formulations Concept 208 white on the latex, and it printed beautifully. I then loaded the clear cling product (Concept 207) and I was pleased with that image quality as well on the L26500. It is interesting, because I had been told that static cling was a media that did not work well with HP latex ink.

GP

We just printed an entire roll of General Formulations Concept 208 white on the latex, and it printed beautifully. I then loaded the clear cling product (Concept 207) and I was pleased with that image quality as well on the L26500. It is interesting, because I had been told that static cling was a media that did not work well with HP latex ink.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this inquiry. It was right on time - we have to pick this one back up tomorrow.

Suz

Yes, thank you all for the helpful information here on static cling materials(s) for the Latex machines. Hopefully it also applies to the L25500, which I own.

I was told too that static cling won't work for the Latex machines. So, glad to hear those running the machines have had success.

Thank you!!

Suz

Re Gudy and other brands that you had tried, good to know! This morning, I ordered some Briteline (Grimco) window cling white, going to give it a shot on the Latex machine, L25500. So, hope to report back sometime later on how well it works. Hope it works! They also have it in clear, but right now I'm more focused on white as that what my Customers have asked for.

I have had horrible luck with Gudy Window leaving adhesive on windows after removal. Drytac's Window Tac and GBC Artic Low Tac have worked much better for me.

Suz

You are right!!!

Doesn't this contradict itself. Seems you would want a clear static cling that would need a white backer once it was printed (second surface).

I think you are right about the second surface...Okay, what I got Friday was a sample of Concept 208, instead of Briteline. Grimco was nice enough to send me a sample to try out. I asked for the white, inside mountable, cling material. This is what I discovered:

It's not inside mountable (Salesperson may not have totally understood the application). This material is really for mounting outside of the window. However, it was pretty tacky on the print side too, and it did stick to the inside of the window with a wet application. However, it stuck better to the outside of the window, because that was the tackier side and the side meant to be applied to the window. After leaving it on for a day after applying to the inside of the window, I tried to remove it to see what would happen. The latex ink came off the cling material and stuck to the window. It came off the window pretty easy, just wiping it down with water and alcohol.

So, next experiment will be with clear static cling. Then I'd put a white backer on it as was suggested above. Thank you! I had fun experimenting, but need a better solution for my Customer who wants an inside mountable window cling and she does not want ink residue left on the window after removing the cling.

Thought I'd share this, might save somebody else some time. Thank you!