• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Fog

Vinyldog

Something new every day here. Printing 4ft x 20ft banners solid red on solid black background with the L310 when I notice a haze and weird smell. After dashing around to check the status of the coffee pot and toaster-oven I realize it's coming from the print room.
Apparently the moisture in the Latex can cause condensation on rainy days like today. I have another twenty footer to print and I can't open a window due to the weather, so nothing else to do but queue up the soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever and look for my old Disco ball.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have noticed the floor in front of our latex printer is sticky more than it should be.
It just makes it even MORE fun laying down there to put it on the take-up reel!

Vinyldog

+1 on the floor film. I can see the tracks where I've walked. However. I just used my Ecosolve printer for a few hours this morning and I can't believe I never noticed the strong smell of that ink before. And I've been using it about eight years now.
I'll take the Latex fog unless it starts to build up on my contacts.
Concerning laying on the floor to load, I'm able to just kneel and do it now, but I keep a piece of packing material handy that I use for a mat to protect my knees.

Drip Dry

I notice on cold days, the windows fog up with a film and doesn't go away unless you clean it off

Is this whats going into my lungs

Christian @ 2CT Media

Since the color carrier is water as castek has said its just water vapor. That stickiness is ink residue, that vaporizes under the dryer/curing modules.

jfiscus

Rap Master
:omg:

How the heck are you loading your takeup that you have to lay down?
The printers here are in a smaller room so you have to leave the tension bar on the machine, lay down and prop the bar up on your foot, and give it a reach around to get it taped on the core.

dypinc

The printers here are in a smaller room so you have to leave the tension bar on the machine, lay down and prop the bar up on your foot, and give it a reach around to get it taped on the core.

That must be a small room. Do you have to go out of the room to change your mind?

Desert_Signs

I made a little video.

You only need maybe a foot or 2 to the side of your machine.

Would this work for you?

[video=youtube;P8d_YB3p954]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8d_YB3p954[/video]

I made a little video.

Would this work for you?

+2 for this guy. This is exactly the technique we use. I just slide the bar from left to right. Come on people it's not that hard.

greysquirrel

Do yourself a favor...1 full rotation of the media onto the core before inserting the tensioner bar...1 piece of tape securing material to core dead middle...

didn't your reseller teach you this at install?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do yourself a favor...1 full rotation of the media onto the core before inserting the tensioner bar...1 piece of tape securing material to core dead middle...

What does that matter, we have been mounting to our take up reel the same way he did since 2010 on the l25500 and it works perfectly fine!

Desert_Signs

I've printed close to a million square feet loading the takeup the same way every time.

My reseller showed me the "HP" way. The HP way sucks, wastes time, and wastes material. And it works WORSE than the way I do it.

How about you do everyone a favor and stop giving advice you don't even understand.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I made a little video.

Would this work for you?

We only have 8' drop-ceilings in the printer room, but I will try it today.

Vinyldog

It does condense on my front windows which are large and old single pane. But I have not noticed any residue. Yet.