• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex in hospitals/schools?

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
I was thinking the Eco friendly Latex printers might be a good sales tool for hospitals and schools as they latex based, then I remember seeing all the signs saying no latex allowed, i.e. gloves, balloons or any other latex based material that some people are allergic to.
Thoughts and comments? Would this be an issue?
Thanks,
Doc

genericname

I dont think its the same kind of latex.

My understanding as well. The latex that those signs are referring to are products made with natural latex rubber. The "latex" in a latex printer only refers to the chemical composition of the inks; how the molecules involved are lined up. Kind of how the "eco" in eco-sol has nothing to do with being ecological.

Edit: Well ok, that's really not a good comparison, but anyhow, it's my understanding that latex inks are synthetic, and have absolutely nothing to do with natural latex rubber.

signswi

These machines are PERFECT for hospital use and HP even sells a printable wallpaper that's certified and intended for use in hospitals and schools.

One week after having our L25500 we bid on and won an indoor school contract worth double what we paid for the machine.

As mentioned, it's not latex rubber, latex refers to the type of polymer suspension.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In a hospital, with all the regulations... in California we have OSHPD, I would worry about fire rating than what is squirting out of the print heads.