• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Longevity?

BRCGraphics

We are a small shop looking to trade in our Mimaki JV3 for HP's 26500 Latex printer. The owner of the company is just concerned with the longevity of latex inks. Of course all the salesman and brochures say they last longer than solvent, but he is not completely convinced. Has anyone had any bad experiences with converting to Latex ink?

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
We got rid of our seiko/hp9000 for a 26500 and never looked back. there is nothing I miss about my old solvent printers.

KevSign

not true. I print 100% of all my stuff on the latex. I still have a solvent but only run it when my latex machines are too busy to handle the load.

Just wondering how about static cling on latex.

We still keep 1 eco-solvent here. If can be solve, I am going to sell my Roland SJ-1045 104" for $19G + caldera rip 8.1 maybe computer too.

Because we had L28 & L25. I really want turn the shop all HP printers.

HulkSmash

Just wondering how about static cling on latex.

We still keep 1 eco-solvent here. If can be solve, I am going to sell my Roland SJ-1045 104" for $19G + caldera rip 8.1 maybe computer too.

Because we had L28 & L25. I really want turn the shop all HP printers.

I print no problem on static cling. I can send you heat settings if you want.

Gary Welch

Premium Subscriber
What do you tell your customers when they ask how long a latex print will last? We have 300 plus days of sunshine and I worry about the life of the print.

Jack Knight1979

HP says the latex performs as well as Eco-Sol and Mild Solvent inks. So the inks are not as strong as full solvent.

I've been looking at LX850's and that machine comes with a factory MCS warranty, so the inks should perform fine. I believe that printer uses the same inks as the new l2 printers.

ProColorGraphics

I have no complaints with my L25. I have even been switching my art reproductions over to it with good luck. I do hope the next version has a light black, ect. Might as well use the (2) open spots for more colors. That would be the only reason I would look at the new Epson S70, for a little fine print quality. Which you only really notice if your nose is up against the print. For whatever reason, I would still like to play around with the white and silver too.

PrintItBig

The prints from the L26500 scratch pretty easily compared to the the L25500 and also eco solvent machines. This seems to be due to the new ink.

Also there are quite a few materials that can't be printed with the latex due to the heat. Soyang Soflat for instance and a number of other films. Yes there may be alternatives but the options are certainly more limited than eco solvent.