• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex media

BK Vinyl

We are buying an HP L260 and upgrading from a cut only shop. Does anyone have a latex compatible list of media that isn't biased toward a specific manufacturer?

danno

We have a LX800 and a L26500. The small machine is a tad pickier than the big machine. The only thing I advise is to test anything before you have a paying gig with it. Banner has been very inconsistent in the few last years. We are currently using Grimco's Forward Banner.

rturner381

Try to decide what your core business is/will be and determine your 4 to 6 core media (that is, your never outs media). Begin the process of finding media and printing your color charts on each media. I know it sounds time consuming, but you will be able to assure your customers that their reds will be red and their blues will be blue.

neil_se

The only 2 media I've had difficulty printing with my L260 is the Avery MPI 2050 translucent and banner vinyl. Otherwise it'll print on a wider range of media than my Rolands.

Bly

They will also print on cheaper uncoated papers than aqueous or solvent media.

Great for posters.

neil_se

Yeah we pay about 1/4 what we were for solvent poster paper. Or even on pounce paper if you want to print stuff like scale plans or templates for in-house use.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes for Latex you can get paper less than any other printer can get, 7Mil Poster Gloss is only $0.07 sq.ft (same stuff the compliance poster are printed on) and My 9Mil Heavy Poster is only $0.11 sq.ft