• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex Model Purchase Comparison

Aaron Mulka

New to latex... I have used Roland exclusively for the past 13 years and am now going out on my own. I am interested in purchasing a latex, looking for some recommendations or opinions about the different models, the old L26500 is more within my budget and I was just wondering what are the major differences in this model and the newer ones, (compared to the 310, 330 or 360). thx guys!

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you are looking at a 2 series just get a 115 and add a take up reel or better yet a 315 and save yourself some headaches. The 2 series will be completely discontinued within the next 18-24months so its not worth jumping in with that machine.

Asuma01

If you get a used 2 series printer it will most likely have a bunch of parts that will need replacing. Heater elements specifically. And its a major pita to replace them.

flyplainsdrifta

absolutely go 3gen. as 2ct says, they will be discoing all parts, ink, and heads from 1 and 2 gen printers. if you want your printer to last you at least 5 years, you're going to have to go 3rd gen out of necessity.