• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex on fabric - black scratches?

niteowl

Any luck on the latex 360 with fabrics? We are running into coverage issues with solid color on Ultraflex S285.
When Ink limit is increased it seems to scratch / scuff very easily. Thanks

We print on fabric all the time on our HP, but heavy blacks and solids it was not meant to do. Whenever we have heavy solids we outsource to do them in dye-sub. I don't care how many times you printed it will never be right. Believe me I've been down this road too many times before I learned that heavy solid colors give you more issues on an HP when printing on fabric.

niteowl

We print on fabric all the time on our HP, but heavy blacks and solids it was not meant to do. Whenever we have heavy solids we outsource to do them in dye-sub. I don't care how many times you printed it will never be right. Believe me I've been down this road too many times before I learned that heavy solid colors give you more issues on an HP when printing on fabric.
I appreciate the response!

Our light colors seem to work really well on the fabric but as soon as we send a darker solid green, blue, or black the fabrics grain shows under the print and it looks like sh*t!! We cant get it to fully cover the voids and have tried to add more ink / tried other profiles but get the same result or the print starts to bleed from over inking.

We are printing on Ultraflex Multitex S285 if anyone has a fix! thanks!

Attachments

• image_67153409.JPG
    image_67153409.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 26