• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Printer

CanuckSigns

Not 100% true, Epson has always had an issue with Yellow fading significantly faster than other colors. From my research, it may still be an issue to some extent for some users.

Up untill the Tru-vis machines, Epson manufactured the solvent ink for all Roland Printers, so I can;t see there being an issue with Epson's yellow but Roland's being fine it doesn't make sense.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Up untill the Tru-vis machines, Epson manufactured the solvent ink for all Roland Printers, so I can;t see there being an issue with Epson's yellow but Roland's being fine it doesn't make sense.
Go ask any long term GS user. I just redid a wrap that all their blue colors turned Magenta due to the yellow pigment fade and according to the original print company it was done on and epson sure color.

signman315

Signmaker
Go ask any long term GS user. I just redid a wrap that all their blue colors turned Magenta due to the yellow pigment fade and according to the original print company it was done on and epson sure color.
This is a real question and not sarcasm at all....but if a blue faded to magenta wouldn't that indicate a cyan failure? There's not much yellow in a blue mix....again dead serious question, maybe there's something I can learn here....

a77

Would you happen to know what surecolor this was done on?
And yes blues don't really have much yellow in them typically?

Christian @ 2CT Media

This is a real question and not sarcasm at all....but if a blue faded to magenta wouldn't that indicate a cyan failure? There's not much yellow in a blue mix....again dead serious question, maybe there's something I can learn here....
Don't know the exact surecolor, they didnt tell me but they said they had it for 3 years.

The clients blue is 302c and it shifted to a more purple-magenta color. It may be cyan failure but I've also seen the oranges and reds turn more magenta on these same wraps very similar to the GS days of 6+ years ago. We go back and forth with the this other company as a the vendor for this client and its not a knock on them or their machines, they also run latex and uv so I think they use the epson on some wraps for this client vs us all latex.