• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Printers

Greek

Looking into Latex Printers, I have worked with the Hp 360, and 570. I am sure there are others out there so I am curious to see what everyone opinions are on the different brands of Latex printers, and why they prefer each.

robibilic

I don't know if it is true. Every four years DRUPA expo is in Germany. This year is canceled. Last time they introduced a generation of LATEX printers. This year's plan was to introduce a new generation of latex. They should use the same ink as flatbed latex. This could be fake news.

C

ColoPrinthead

I reached out to Mimaki last year about the one they had and never heard anything back, I wound up buying an HP over solvent only because I have offices on one side of my shop and a showroom on the other. Print quality with the HP can be disappointing with certain colors printing very grainy unless I modify the color build. One of the other forum members calls the HP's grain trains, and I have to agree.

The only pros I see about the latex is the lack of odor for my worksite, ability to print on fabric, and simplified double sided printing. They are good printers if you have no experience.

Looking into Latex Printers, I have worked with the Hp 360, and 570. I am sure there are others out there so I am curious to see what everyone opinions are on the different brands of Latex printers, and why they prefer each.
We have an HP Latex 1500, 3200, and 360. What I like about them is the ease of maintenance and near perfect color matching between all three (with tight color management processes). My only real complaint is there are still a lot of materials out there that are not "latex printable". Various films and papers mostly, but there are definitely enough options to get by fine.

We sell mostly Hp latex printers. We love them. Easy to use, low cost of maintenance, low cost of use, thx Wideimagesolutions.com

MikePro

I miss my mimaki, i LOVE my hp latex. I too, am soon get her a sister. Wish I had the $$$ for one of the hybrids, because wow they are sexxxxxy.

karst41

My first Latex was a 26500. What a great printer that was Almost 900 rolls to end of life.

Dec 30 2019 the Latex 560 went fully operational. I hate the material management
but this printer is bad asz.

The latex develops some odors when you are firing off full rolls and pumping 120% on any given color. but it is negligible. I let the printer settle down while I go to lunch.
Then load another roll of film and RiP it. Yes while ripping it is a good time to laminate the prior roll and start the contour cuts.

Yeah Latex rocks. Will they come out with a UV Latex?

Other points:
Yes you ink and go straight to lamination. and if you are cold laminating then straight to cut, with no waiting.

Word from 3m on 8519 is Laminate that 'ish cold. If heat assist no more than 90-100 deg and dont stretch it.