Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latex Printers

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Greek, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Greek

Greek New Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Pa
    Looking into Latex Printers, I have worked with the Hp 360, and 570. I am sure there are others out there so I am curious to see what everyone opinions are on the different brands of Latex printers, and why they prefer each.

Tags:
  2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    HP is pretty much the only Latex right now. 570 being the top of the line... or if you have 100 grand, you can get their flatbed latex!

3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I like latex printers. Mine likes me. We've bonded. I'm going to buy it a sister soon. Any other questions?

• Like Like x 1
  4. robibilic

robibilic New Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Croatia
    I don't know if it is true. Every four years DRUPA expo is in Germany. This year is canceled. Last time they introduced a generation of LATEX printers. This year's plan was to introduce a new generation of latex. They should use the same ink as flatbed latex. This could be fake news.

5. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I reached out to Mimaki last year about the one they had and never heard anything back, I wound up buying an HP over solvent only because I have offices on one side of my shop and a showroom on the other. Print quality with the HP can be disappointing with certain colors printing very grainy unless I modify the color build. One of the other forum members calls the HP's grain trains, and I have to agree.

The only pros I see about the latex is the lack of odor for my worksite, ability to print on fabric, and simplified double sided printing. They are good printers if you have no experience.

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    No real hate on Mimaki, but that latex ink was said to be some baaad stuff. As in, no hospitals, no clothing, etc etc.

7. TLHII

TLHII New Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Arizona
    We have an HP Latex 1500, 3200, and 360. What I like about them is the ease of maintenance and near perfect color matching between all three (with tight color management processes). My only real complaint is there are still a lot of materials out there that are not "latex printable". Various films and papers mostly, but there are definitely enough options to get by fine.

8. Wide Image Solutions

Wide Image Solutions Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    We sell mostly Hp latex printers. We love them. Easy to use, low cost of maintenance, low cost of use, thx Wideimagesolutions.com

9. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    I miss my mimaki, i LOVE my hp latex. I too, am soon get her a sister. Wish I had the $$$ for one of the hybrids, because wow they are sexxxxxy.