Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latex printing on Mirror sustrait

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Tripleblk, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Tripleblk

Tripleblk New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Hello, I was asked today by a customer about printing on “One way” Mirrored film, I’m not aware that such a product exists. The reason is for Security, It’s a part of an ER room at a Hospitol where they require one way visibility for security personnel to quickly gage a situation while also accommodating privacy, Rooms in both sides of glass are very brightly lit so perferated films are out, Also out are dusted films. Is there a Mirrored film that can be printed on ? Better yet a Security mirrored film that can be direct to print, Solvent, Latex or UV ?

Tags:
  2. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I can't help, but I'm following this tread to know if there is an option possible.

3. 2CT Media

2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    One way mirror only works when the viewer side is darker than the viewed side. You can print on tint with the latex but it is very fickle and unless you have a R Series you won't have white so your colors will be muted.

• Agree Agree x 1