• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex printing on Reflective

blacknbart

Radical!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the feedback!!

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, I'll check my local suppliers for those reflective products. If there's any other information please post and share.

Maybe I'll have pictures soon.

Cheers.

GB2

Old Member
What vinyl/heat settings do you use?

I use Flexi Photo Print RIP and I just use the profile for Brightline 3203, which has the following settings:

Printer Mode: 2bpp, 10 pass, bidir, low ink, 40 speed
Drying Temperature: 131
Curing Temperature: 230
Heat Airflow: 45
Input Tension: 15
Advance Factor: 0
Vacuum: 25
Warm Up Curing Temperature Offset: 32
Cool Down Curing Temperature Offset: 32
Cool Down Drying Temperature Offset: 32
Minimum Drying Power: 1.2
Warm Up Drying Temperature Offset 41

coyote

We have a reflective job coming up. How long does the latex ink stand up to weather, washing, and general abuse compared to vinyl or screen ink?

GB2

Old Member
The latex ink will stand up just as long as any solvent ink but I always laminate the reflective, therefore the durability is excellent.

akuarela

I use Flexi Photo Print RIP and I just use the profile for Brightline 3203, which has the following settings:

Printer Mode: 2bpp, 10 pass, bidir, low ink, 40 speed
Drying Temperature: 131
Curing Temperature: 230
Heat Airflow: 45
Input Tension: 15
Advance Factor: 0
Vacuum: 25
Warm Up Curing Temperature Offset: 32
Cool Down Curing Temperature Offset: 32
Cool Down Drying Temperature Offset: 32
Minimum Drying Power: 1.2
Warm Up Drying Temperature Offset 41

Thanks, GB2!, I'm going to try it right now on my 365. Could not find a profile anywhere, even emailed 3M, although they claim that it works in Latex.

I did the print per GB2s instructions and it went perfectly!

Last edited: