• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex vs epson 6k

If you're so good and experienced why don't you have your own shop anymore? What happened to the shop back in `99 bro? Solvent Tech. Is fine. I wasn't offended at all. But saying selling your Ipod for a cd player is you being a jerk. The company you prob are a sales rep for has been in business for what almost 90 years? They have the funding to do so, since they've been in business so long. Not everyone has that privilege.

Actually bro you have no idea. I left my shop in NYC days after 9-11.... Never looked back!!

I am not a sales rep, I am am the an Operations Director that has been in this industry for many many years.. Though I am great at sales also. I can also run every single machine in our shop and have 20 of the best production guys in the world that work for me. I have been with Merritt for 10+ years

Yes I am very lucky to have the resources that a 104 year company can provide and I am the furthest thing from a jerk just ask anyone here or in this industry that knows me.. it is a real small circle...

Been in this game for a long time and I am just to honest for my own good.

Michael Failla

mfailla@merrittgraphics.com

signswi

Trade it in for Caldera. Much much better RIP. We've got four of the L25500 units and one of the LX800 machines running alongside several other machines all on Caldera with no issue. It's worth its weight in gold (and then some since it's actually not a very heavy box that it comes in).

Really? I've been testing Caldera as a virtualbox demo and it seems ultra-clumbsy compared to x10, which we run now with very few problems. The Caldera UI is absolutely terrible and there tend to be more steps at almost every stage. Honestly though the biggest issue is the UI and how split apart everything is, very fiddly.

Caldera is a much more robust and powerful rip than Onyx. It is a little less user friendly and has a decent learning curve to optimize it's capabilities.

Once you get that door open you will be sold on Caldera.....

We have Onyx, EFI fiery and Caldera. These who have taken time to understand Caldera like it over other front ends....

signswi

I'm not sure I'll be able to get over how ugly it is ;). I've only had a couple hours with it but it seems like you have to load every job into the library like area before you can send it through the rip...kind of ungainly. Also doesn't seem to preview tifs correctly on a consistent basis.

Anyway, that's another thread. Going to keep poking it with a stick in my spare time.

MachServTech

i had a vendor tell me one already burned down a sign shop. again, thats what i was told (and he does sell the printer so it wasnt that he was trying to steal my business).

PROWRAPS... normally I agree with most of your posts BUT....

This is the most idotic propaganda I have ever heard. My laminator is more dangerous than the latex printer. I run this printer day and night!

Repeating this kind of malarky is a disservice to others that are seriously considering a new machine.

I have had a head crash that has pushed UNCOATED PAPER up into the print heaters while I was at lunch. No fire, no smoke....just a fouled up print job. (would have helped if I loaded it straight)

I keep a very close eye on industry news, so if a shop burned down because of the HP printer...I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW!

So if you have detailed info please share it with the class.

ProWraps

This is the most idotic propaganda I have ever heard. My laminator is more dangerous than the latex printer. I run this printer day and night!

Repeating this kind of malarky is a disservice to others that are seriously considering a new machine.

I have had a head crash that has pushed UNCOATED PAPER up into the print heaters while I was at lunch. No fire, no smoke....just a fouled up print job. (would have helped if I loaded it straight)

I keep a very close eye on industry news, so if a shop burned down because of the HP printer...I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW!

So if you have detailed info please share it with the class.

i got your PM. im not understanding the need for the post? why PM me?

i CLEARLY stated in my post that was what a sales rep for a company told me. you might want to read my post again. and if you are going to call me out on the forum, then dont PM me.

HulkSmash

Your lam. takes 2 independent 220s? Doubt that.

i CLEARLY stated in my post that was what a sales rep for a company told me. you might want to read my post again. and if you are going to call me out on the forum, then dont PM me.

Ive heard the same thing. Some guy told me it burned down a showroom, so i dont think what he said is idiotic.

MachServTech

As an owner of one of these machines you dont understand why this would concern me?

Who was the dealer that told you this? I will call them right now and track this "story" down. I PM ed you to get your attention, not to piss you off.

MachServTech

Your lam. takes 2 independent 220s? Doubt that.

Ive heard the same thing. Some guy told me it burned down a showroom, so i dont think what he said is idiotic.

Which showroom, what dealer? Some guy?

My laminator has bitten and burned me on several occasions...(through no fault of its own)

I'm not taking issue with either of you personally. (I'm not calling anything Prowraps said idiotic...just the "story" he heard from someone else) I just really want to know where and when these incidents occurred.
What kind of material were they using etc.

ProWraps

As an owner of one of these machines you dont understand why this would concern me?

Who was the dealer that told you this? I will call them right now and track this "story" down. I PM ed you to get your attention, not to piss you off.

you might want to try this approach rather then the "thats idiotic" one.

it might get you better results.

you sure didnt seem concerned in the last post.

sorry but i will not give out the sales rep name, nor the company as the ensuing mess of you calling them idiotic will not serve to do anyone any good.

take it for what it is. belive it or dont. i dont really care. its what i was told, and apparantly others have heard the same thing.

i have no vested interest either way. i have nothing against HP printers. im interested in new printers myself, which is why i contacted my rep in the first place as i wanted to know the pros and cons.

HulkSmash

Which showroom, what dealer? Some guy?

My laminator has bitten and burned me on several occasions...(through no fault of its own)

I'm not taking issue with either of you personally. (I'm not calling anything Prowraps said idiotic...just the "story" he heard from someone else) I just really want to know where and when these incidents occurred.
What kind of material were they using etc.

Im not sure which. But someone at the show in vegas back oct told me about it.

Case

Guaranteed fact that the dealer that told this story, whether true or not, does not sell the latex............lol that's a fact...

Case

ProWraps

unfortunately, your "facts" are wrong. he does. which is why i called him to begin with. and i even mentioned that "fact" in my post.

do people read anymore?

and mach serv. your all over the place bro. one minute your criticizing, the next are are back peddling with "concern" then back to criticism again. pick a course and stick to it.

Case

Well this guy must be a crappy salesman and HP should pull the unit from the dealer...

Weak.............And NO, I don't read much.........I usually skip past all the bullsh!t......

Case

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If it did happen it was a total fluke and should not detour anyone from buying these machines. For a dealer to say that sounds kinda fishy to me but anything can happen I guess.