Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laws coming for Phthalate-Free goods

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by WestcoastSigns, Nov 8, 2009.

1. WestcoastSigns

WestcoastSigns Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Starting in February any clothing including t-shirts and labels that are for children or put on toys, equipment used by children will need to be lead-free and phthalate-free. You will have to show that your goods have been tested for this.

Anyone heard of this or know if the vinyl and ink companies have addressed it? I saw one company that had a CPSIA tested advertised on their site.

Here's more info. http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/faq/faqs.html

Might not apply to many here depending who your customers are but you never know.

Tags:
  2. Steve Werner

Steve Werner Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Herculite has addressed this and has a banner material that is CPSIA compliant and meets all the standards. It's manufactured on a made to order basis right now. I got dragged into this because of a customer request, my customer prints for McDonalds. I do have a clear static cling vinyl that is CPSIA HR 4040 compliant. This will become more and more asked for as time goes on. I don't know how the ink companies have addressed this. Foamacell expanded pvc is also lead and phthalate free.

3. WestcoastSigns

WestcoastSigns Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Thanks! I'll look into it further. I want to be ready in case I'm called out on it.