• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laws coming for Phthalate-Free goods

WestcoastSigns

Starting in February any clothing including t-shirts and labels that are for children or put on toys, equipment used by children will need to be lead-free and phthalate-free. You will have to show that your goods have been tested for this.

Anyone heard of this or know if the vinyl and ink companies have addressed it? I saw one company that had a CPSIA tested advertised on their site.

Here's more info. http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/faq/faqs.html

Might not apply to many here depending who your customers are but you never know.

Steve Werner

Herculite has addressed this and has a banner material that is CPSIA compliant and meets all the standards. It's manufactured on a made to order basis right now. I got dragged into this because of a customer request, my customer prints for McDonalds. I do have a clear static cling vinyl that is CPSIA HR 4040 compliant. This will become more and more asked for as time goes on. I don't know how the ink companies have addressed this. Foamacell expanded pvc is also lead and phthalate free.