• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Layer Tennis

Johnny Best

The flying birds are parrots in flight. So I used the parrot, just let your imagination go, it's not like we are getting paid for this and the customer is clueless, just that they like orange and green and reds and I just used the guy for a detective company because of the shadow which has nothing to do with the other two as far as style or color. post #9 has rules and we are not doing real time or the 15 minute thing. I just mainly did it to get people motivated into doing something instead of just typing all the time looking for printer problems or font finds, or the big one, complaining about something.

Johnny Best

A little humor on Friday...used all three as is.
jailbird.jpg

JStein

I thought we were going to have to use these three elements verbatim, but I'm assuming we can use a variation or some derivative based on these three elements? So instead of using the W, one could use the W's color scheme instead? Or in John's case, flying birds instead of the parrot photo? I'm just making sure I understand the rules here.

Yes you have it right

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought you said a single judge was doing this ?? When or where did it say you were gonna get picked by the number of likes ?? And not tell us when the deadline was to occur. Heck, I never got a chance to vote or anything. This is goofy. I don't understand it.

But, congratulations jsmoritz2000 !!!

Here are your three elements. Have fun!

I do agree with Gino that it would be good to make sure the rules are reinforced. I was under the impression that voting would be done by members also, rather than being judged by likes but maybe I missed something.

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Temp2.jpg
    Temp2.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Temp3.jpg
    Temp3.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 272

JStein

I thought you said a single judge was doing this ?? When or where did it say you were gonna get picked by the number of likes ?? And not tell us when the deadline was to occur. Heck, I never got a chance to vote or anything. This is goofy. I don't understand it.

But, congratulations jsmoritz2000 !!!
Ok, Johnny Best makes some good points. I will work on some modifications to the rules. What do you think of these;

1. Someone posts 3 elements that can be either a type treatment, photo, color scheme, etc.
2. Players mix the 3 elements to create a pseudo business logo
3. Players and other forum members vote over a period of 2 days. After that we pick the one with the most votes.
4. We then all work separately on a signage treatment and post those.
5. We vote on those and The winner then gets to start off the next round. Going back to step 1.

It is kind of like Playing golf where everyone tees off and then we play best ball. Let me know what you all think.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, when was it announced that you were gonna do this voting ??

Rather than a voting, it would be better if you put all the contestants in a group and had a vote/poll on them once they were finished. Allow people to view it all in one place, cause as this thing goes on...... if it does, your votes and posts are gonna get lost doing this your way. It's already buried. You might try starting a new thread.

Johnny Best

"Hey! get away from the window, participate and quit just looking", you Kids are talented typers and "nitpickers" and almost forgot, fontfinders!
voy.jpg