• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layered decal assembly question...

Optic

Just wondering how to assemble these decals - black is apparently on top of these (the funky part is holographic vinyl).

Thanks guys!
(Using a graphtec FC8000.)

Attachments

• scan0020.jpg
    scan0020.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 80

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
easy enough to do ... i would cut the holo to go on top of the black ... probably layer a 6x20 grid of them in an hour including cutting, weeding masking and layring.

tsgstl

if the holo has to go on bottom lay it out like this.
make the over all diameter of the holo a little smaller than the diameter of the black.

Attachments

• holo.jpg
    holo.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 74

Optic

You guys once again rock. Thanks a ton. I'm so much more in the digital world that I can't see the forest through the trees when it comes to cut vinyl!

tsgstl

I was just giving a example, technically you only need 2 though. I use flexi registration marks (4 pie shape) so you usually have enough even with quick careless weeding.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
if the holo has to go on bottom lay it out like this.
make the over all diameter of the holo a little smaller than the diameter of the black.

how would you account for the overlap that really won't touch anything and will cause a small decal to peel in about ... on 2 washings?

tsgstl

I could answer that if I knew a diameter. I can only go off of how he said they were made. I personally would put the holo on top if there is not enough surface area.

I have done decals like this for years and if there is sufficient overlap there is never a problem.