• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layering printed words over non-printed vinyl

50westgraphics

Hey guys, quick question. I'm putting a stripe along the bottom of some gas station windows, and it needs to have text on it. I could of course do all cut-vinyl, and apply it in three layers (white stripe, red lettering with blue stroke) or have it printed completely by a wholesaler. I'm thinking of doing a combination of the two, for economical purposes. Apply the stripe as standard calendered non-printed vinyl and have the wholesaler just print the words and apply them in the center of the windows.

How goofy will this look with the bounding box around the text? For instance, one of the stripes will be 36"x15" and the text will be in a 14"x6" bounding box. I could have it contour cut around the words, but it adds quite a bit of $$.

Am I going to see a huge noticeable difference having the laminated print over the non-laminated vinyl, or do you think it will look OK?

This will be my first experience with printed vinyl.

Thanks!

50westgraphics

That's probably what I'll do... the customer is of course tight-pocketed, but I'll give them the price figure of both methods and explain the difference and see what the outcome is.

Was just curious if anyone here had done anything like this.

Custom_Grafx

You're going to give them the option of choosing something cheaper that'll take you more time to do and look worse? Sounds like something I did back when I was a preppie. Go right ahead and learn :)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Your labor installing multiple pieces is going to cost the customer more than having it printed as one piece.